Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

deebig

electric lift

deebig

Thinking of adding electric lift to my 314. Looks like it would be easy to attach a linear actuator on right side of tractor where snow plow linkage would attach to. I have no intentions of ever using any front implements anyway. Has anyone done this? Wonder if a 250 lb push/pull would be enough?  

BruceH

I added one to a 314 quite a while ago.  As I remember they used a different rockshaft, deck height setting quadrant and a couple of other pieces .

PhanDad
On 8/10/2018 at 2:54 PM, deebig said:

Looks like it would be easy to attach a linear actuator on right side of tractor where snow plow linkage would attach to.

There was a tractor for sale posted in the Craigslist Forum a few weeks ago that had what you suggest.  I don't think the seller was a member of this site, so no details available - but it can be done.  

deebig

Well I rigged up a linear actuator today. Found a new heavy duty one on ebay for $40 and a switch for $8. A little bit of drilling and metal fabrication and its working. After some orange paint I'll post some pics/video.

dvdriz

I did this once but with a different spin. I installed a used hydraulic cylinder to the lift mechanism under the tractor and found a used convertible top electric over hydraulic pump to drive the hydraulic cylinder. The control was a simple switch on the dash. It worked really nice and was much faster than a linear actuator with 500 lbs plus force. I at one time had pics on this site but it seems like that stuff has all been removed.

• Thanks 1