Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 620, partially restored - $1000 obo (Ashland, OH)**8/23

S-A

Here is a Allis Chalmers 620 I bought to restore and have lost interest in. All the sheet metal has been sandblasted and primed. The frame and axles have been painted and the motor is disassemble. It comes with a 3 pount hitch, a60" mower deck and front dozer blade. Selling as a parts machine but it would be a great tractor to drop a newer motor in.

https://mansfield.craigslist.org/grd/d/allis-chalmers-620/6666293366.html

A lot of work already done if someone is looking for a restoration project. Looks like he did a really nice job sandblasting and painting so far. A bit of a gamble without being able to test the transmission. A started restoration like this could be a huge time saver or turn into a giant money pit.

001.thumb.jpg.f9e784b982af3528d5a41e56d216c95a.jpg

002.thumb.jpg.27efa62ee610980e53a20cb8a9fa3df0.jpg

003.thumb.jpg.120b1fe6dd6956c99155d69c5b3f9ba0.jpg

004.thumb.jpg.b462056f29a93c43efe7eafaa338c2a8.jpg

005.thumb.jpg.d9979d54fbcdd2af36876f9ef8d12529.jpg

9 hours ago, Machineguy said:

Thanks to @Talntedmrgreen and his videos I realized if I stuck with it, I’d have something special when I was done. Glad I did because I love that thing!

You did end up with something special, that's a really sharp looking tractor. dOd Great work! Thanks for the photos, I love seeing these tractors being put back into service. 

Maybe someone should contact the seller and point him to this site for help if he doesn't already know about it. It looks to me that the project in the ad is already on the home stretch if a drop in engine was available. Cleaning parts and painting is usually my least favorite part of the process. That project is nearly ready for the fun part of reassembling.

Wish I had seen it earlier, it only ten mile away. Of course I need another project like I need another hole in my head but.

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, tadams said:

Wish I had seen it earlier, it only ten mile away. Of course I need another project like I need another hole in my head but.

Tom I can fix you right up666

1 hour ago, tadams said:

I had better not wife just had second radiation treatment today

I hope everything is going well with that. 

22 hours ago, Angry Bear said:

I hope everything is going well with that. 

Thank you, she has finished 6 month of chemo and now she has 4 weeks of radiation. They are talking at least 3 month to get the chemo out of her system and hopefully she will get back to normal, she has dizzy spells when she get up from setting some times and is not to stable at times when walking.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, tadams said:

I had better not wife just had second radiation treatment today

Sorry to hear hope all is going well

• Thanks 1