Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My New 700 Wonderboy

Lorin Burch

Meet "Midnight". my first Simplicity but not my first tractor ( Been collecting for 7 years now, started when I was 11). A 700 Wonderboy! it came with the factory disc, cultivator, mower deck, snow blade, and rototiller. Has working cyclops headlight and tailight. original engine and tires all the way around. I got it not running and had it running in ten minutes with it being on the trailer. Story goes that the guy I got it from said he got it from a gentleman who used it to work his garden and mow his grass. It came with a problem of the carburetor flooding over. come to find out the needle had been taken completely out and I had to regulate the gas with the sediment bowl. After it ran good I got to thinking what I should do with it. Got it home and spent too much time cutting the oxidation out of the paint. ( I wrench own and detail classic cars for a living).  Only did the hood and the fender pan and came out with surprisingly good results. I also checked the bevel gear box out and it was fine, as well as tighten up the steering. This tractor has turned out to be a VERY low hours all original tractor. Just thought you all would like to see this tractor. Only thing I need is a original wheel with tire for that tractor as I have a spare one on with roller bearings and not the bronze inserts, and a seat. Plans are to try and keep this as one of the nicest original 700 wonder boys as possible by preserving the paint and making it even more pure than it is, trying to find nos or all original parts. Thanks for reading and enjoy my project!

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

• Like 2

Really fine original tractor. Nice find. I like the story of pulling the float needle and using the fuel cutoff to regulate the flow of fuel. That's gotta be pretty darn hard to get just right.

Welcome to the club and thanks for sharing your stories. 

• Like 2

Great find! I'm really glad to hear you're going to keep it all NOS original. Very smart. Thanks for sharing the pictures, it looks super.

• Like 2