Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Any attachments compatibility between a 918H and an old 2110

MikeJW

Good morning all.  Just joined and first time post.

We've just purchased 3 acres in mid-coast Maine, so now I get to finally by a tractor! After hours of research (probably more than I spend buying the house), I've set out to look for a nice Simplicity set up. I've found 2 in my general area that seem interesting, and was wondering if there would be any compatibility of attachments. One is an Agco Allis 981H with Command engine and has a 48" deck and plow blade. Seller is looking for about $1300 for that one (has only 300 hours). The other is an older Landlord 2110 with mower deck, tow behind mower, snowblower,  snow plow, and dump body cart. Seller is asking $475 for that setup. He says it runs well but will need a new battery and carb is leaking gas. 

My question is would the snowblower from the 2110 have any chance of fitting on the 918H. My guess is probably not, as from what I've been reading the PTO systems are different. 

Thanks in advance for whomever responds (and apologies for asking what is clearly a super-nubi level question).

Looking forward to joining the ranks of an owner soon!

Edited by MikeJW
typo

None of the tractor mount attachments will directly interchange between those two tractors for one reason or another..

Both sets seem like fairly decent  deals though.

Would be nice if the Agco also had power steering for the price that is being asked.

Edited by SmilinSam

35 minutes ago, SmilinSam said:

None of the tractor mount attachments will directly interchange between those two tractors for one reason or another..

Both sets seem like fairly decent  deals though.

Would be nice if the Agco also had power steering for the price that is being asked.

Thanks Sam! That's what I had assumed. I'll check on whether or not the 981H it has power steering.

Regarding the leaking carb on the 2110, would rebuilding the carb likely remedy that, and if so, are new seals/gaskets easily attainable? Anything else I should be looking for when I go out to have a look?

2 hours ago, MikeJW said:

Thanks Sam! That's what I had assumed. I'll check on whether or not the 981H it has power steering.

Regarding the leaking carb on the 2110, would rebuilding the carb likely remedy that, and if so, are new seals/gaskets easily attainable? Anything else I should be looking for when I go out to have a look?

Carb kits are readily available from Briggs. Generally this will remedy the leaky carb but, in the off chance it does not you can add an o-ring to the emulsion tube to seat it and seal it.  I wrote my experience with this in a blog here. 

I would suggest you base part of your decision on your mechanical experience, how much mechanical work you want to do later, and what time you will have to tinker. Part of the love for this hobby is the constant adjusting, repairing fatigued components or replacing hard to find parts on old equipment. The 900 series w/Command, if treated and maintained properly for the 300 hrs life, should be a good investment and easier for you to operate and maintain. Having said that, I enjoy old iron  and tinkering with them so I have several I use.