Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Bobcat MT-50

Dutch

And if Dutches wife isn't around, he'd get my wife to move it. She actually thinks he's a nice guy. I never did like him. hmmm.... what hobby can I get him hooked on next?

Saw one of those at The Garden Show in Madison. It's pretty small. More suited to a guy with a lot of money who wants to play in the back yard. Kind like us but with a bigger bank account. Be better off getting a powermax with a loader and buying a set of backhoe plans. Paul

Really, it doesn't look that comfortable to use....I would rather rent a "full-size" bob cat/skid steer as they seem to lift just as much, around here used ones go cheap, I reall have considered buying one,-BradW

Hey guys, I was only trying to give you all a "heads up" for that material moving that has to be done in a backyard while you "consider" buying something of your own. That cute little MT-50 will fit through a fence gate, and it sure looks more "comfortable" to use than a wheelbarrow. I don't have any problem moving material at my place, not when neighbors' young wives know I'm a nice guy.

Local rental company has a Bobcat MT-50. Seems like just the thing for working in a backyard. But, at $130 for 4hrs, $170 for 24hrs. I'd rather put the $$$ towards a Johnny Bucket. [A href='http://www.bobcat.com/worksaver/02bc/mt50.html'][img src='http://www.bobcat.com/news/imglib/stockphotos/photos/mtl_mt50_03.jpg'][/a]

Herb, Are you going to be doing the same kind of work as shown above with Johnny Bucket? Thats a pretty big rock! will you have enough horsepower? Doug

You can move rocks with a Johnny Bucket. It depends how strong your arm, or the tractor lift is. For the really big rocks, let the wife move them.

Being married to Herb, im guessing shes very strong willed. she has to be. I bet shes a good cook Herb, oops i crossed the line, wrong thread. doug

Hey BradW, I've never seen a Bobcat (new or used) that was cheap! They go at a high price (a little less than their weight in gold) around here regardless of condition. Bobcat definitely has a name! Where do you live, Brad? Paul