Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

23x10.50-12 Tires on Landlord rims

thedaddycat

Here's one for those who know.... Will 23x10.50-12 tires fit on the rims for my Landlord, which now has 23x8.50-12 tires? I am going to get lug tires and am wondering if it's possible or not, or just plain old not-a-good-idea. I'm going to use the lugs for heavy work like snow or earth plowing and save the turf tires for mowing. Any input is appreciated, thanks.

I got my bar lugs from www.tuckertires.com they are very reasonable. When you email them for a price they will tell you if the 10.50's will fit. To see them click the link and check out the wheelhorse....Art[A href='http://www.geocities.com/arjr111/ArtsTractors.html']http://www.geocities.com/arjr111/ArtsTractors.html[/a]

Yes they will fit. But the wider your rim is the flater your tread will be on the ground. Which is what you want. A narrow rim will pull your tire bead in and cause your tread to round over more. This & $1.00 might get you a small coffee Maynard aka/UCD

Yes, you're right, only the email button works. I always email them for quotes. Bought my Oliver 60, lugs from them too. Just located the email from them with the prices, I will forward it to your email...Good luck Art.

Here's the link to Tucker's eBay Store... it has their email and phone number on it...[A href='http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=1915246']http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=1915246[/a]

OK, here's another one for you guys then. How would traction from dual rear narrow (5" rim) wheels be compaired to the 23x10.5-12 single wheel? Let me lay out my situation here. I have one set of narrow rims and am getting another set from the guy I got the parts machine from. He forgot to get them out of his other barn, so I'm picking them up next week. I also have another set of rear rims with 8.50's that are on the rear end of the parts machine. I have a third set of those rims on a Jacobson 1200 Chief. All three have turf tires on them now. The Jake has the best set of tires so I'll save that set to mow with and put other tires on it. So.... Am I better off with 10.5's on the rims I have now, get wider rims, just use 8.50 lug tires, or dual narrow lug tires just to be different? How hard and expensive to go with the dual wheel set up, and if I go there, why not just dual 8.50's on the rims I have now? Hmmmm, I think I need a few more parts machines. Anyone ever make a 10 wheel drive Simplicity, like a mini-road grader??? Dual wheel double axle rear and front wheel drive? Hydro of course. What was that tractor bug thing those guys were talking about?.....

Hi Nat, they are from Tucker Tires and probably not US made. I can't tell you the name because they are on my Wheelhorse up at my summer home. We are going up this week and I can check. Or you can check with them using Kents link...Art

Their prices are rising, in December, they charged me $75/pair for the 23X8.50x12's 4 ply + $20 shipping. And $20/pair for the front 5X8 lugs w/tubes, +$17 shipping to NY......Art

Wow, thats alot of info! Mine are new, and I have not mowed with them yet, but I was told that (on these relatively light tractors) they really don't dig up the lawn, unless its very wet and muddy to begin with. I was also told that turf digging, traction, comes from filling these with anti-freeze, calcium chloride, or adding wheel weights. Duals really do look wild, and are worth the extra bucks, just for the "cool factor". As far as added traction, seems to me, (by extension) would be considerable, only if weighted......JM$.02 Good luck....Art

The pair of 23X8.50X12s that I bought are Chen Shin brand, made in China. At $89 a pair, I'm quite pleased... They have a wider, deeper lug than any I've seen besides the Goodyears -- they look a lot like Goodyears... -------------------------- Updated ------------------------- After the post below, I went back and checked. I paid $79 for my pair, plus shipping...

The dual 5 or 6 inch may be a good way to go, I got 10.5's on my112 and sometimes I'm too wide for the attachments, ie snow blower and garden plow, they won't fit in the furrow. tried your link to tucher tire last nite and got the page but couldn't get any action on it, any clue??MPH