Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3212H rear lift

Hosedragger22

Hello everyone.  I recently purchased a tiller attachment and rear lift rod for my 3212H.  The rod will fit through my my console, but it rubs against my hydro resiviour and also a bolt in my console.  Is there a different rod that I should be using,  or did the hydros use a cable?

11 hours ago, Hosedragger22 said:

Hello everyone.  I recently purchased a tiller attachment and rear lift rod for my 3212H.  The rod will fit through my my console, but it rubs against my hydro resiviour and also a bolt in my console.  Is there a different rod that I should be using,  or did the hydros use a cable?

Lift rod on my 3012 rubbed against a bolt near the bgb like yours. It lifts free and was routed correct too. I just replaced it with a 2 link lift rod off a 3400 series b/c I like them not because of the rub. I suspect the front connection on your lift rod is pinned to the wrong lift point (there are 2). The lift rod should not rub the hydrolift tank. Remove the side tin, remove the connecting pin and place the lift rod on the connect point on the left side (sitting in the seat) mount. Should solve the hydrolift rub. As for the lift rod itself, I doubt rubbing the bolt will cause a major problem. My lift rod has nearly 50 yrs of use and the slight wear occuring over that time is not problematic.  

Edited by gwiseman

I too had some issues when converting by B-110 to a HB-110, the transplant lift rod had been badly bent by the PO.  I had someone here (CRS prevents me from giving credit) send a pic of a 3012 lift rod (part #164122) installed on a 3212H:

5b87e9cc25045_3012RearLiftRodInstalledon3212H.jpg.24903e86d1eae93ca1dd5b807fe60c74.jpg

And here's a pic of the used 3012 lift rod I picked up to replace the bent one:

5b87e9ce56d44_3012RearLiftRod.jpg.171974a7c50e3e2f8580949f6eb92229.jpg

Edited by PhanDad
added lift rod info
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Hosedragger22 said:

I’ve been a vol. for about 15 years and a prof. for about 7 years.

27 1/2 Prof. 26 1/2 Paramedic. 6 years to go...

Edited by ShaunE
  • Like 1

Thank you PhanDad and gwiseman for the help.  I got it put on tonight and it seems to work.  I had to bend the rod a little to clear everything, and it doesn’t look like it is going to rub now.  I hopefully will get to try it out tomorrow.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hosedragger22 said:

Wow!  That’s great.  Thank you for your many years of service.  

You as well.  Especially the Volley.  The rest is just a job.