Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Honest honey they just show up.

simplewrench

The other evening I was finishing up mowing my road ditches with my Homelite CT10 and a truck came slowly up the road towards me pulling a trailer with 4 riding mowers on it. It was a friend of my son in laws, he had just bought these mowers and wanted to share as long as he could profit, which I have no problem with. My problem is that I already have too much stuff. He said he payed $300 for all 4 but only one had tires that held air and wasn’t all beat to heck. He started off saying that they all ran. For $400 he would let me have them all, or for $300 I could have the back two.  I said he should just leave them in the trailer then. So he said $250 I said $200 he said ok and this is what I got. AC14A491-38DE-43D6-B216-9D24C4A94EEC.thumb.jpeg.762a098fc2a814fba90e2a7289d48f45.jpegThe 6516 is fairly clean and as I said the only one who’s tires hold air. The estate mower behind it is pretty beat up and if I can get the 18hp Briggs V twin engine to run I can something more than scrap out of it, I only took it because it was behind the Simplicity and it was easier than trying to get it back on the trailer with 3 flat tires. Of course after we got them unloaded he said yep the guy said they all run, so he never heard any of them run and the Simplicity has no spark and some sort of wiring issue I thought it was a safety switch but I jumped it to check and that didn’t solve the no power through to the solenoid so I will have to work on that when I get a chance. But this is why I have so much stuff I don’t have to go out looking people come to me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well I wish someone would bring me a trailer load of mowers. Never happen around here. I have to go searching and then find only junk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Wright said:

Well I wish someone would bring me a trailer load of mowers. Never happen around here. I have to go searching and then find only junk.

What's your address ?:D

• Haha 3

Had a chance to work on the 6516 tonight. Wouldn’t turn over when I turned key to the start position. Thankfully the steering wheel came off easily, I pulled the ignition switch and the start spade was bent up and not in the plug at all, simple fix there. I had it running on carb cleaner then ran for a bit with the choke on so I am draining the old gas I will pick up a new filter and see if that does it or if it needs the pump rebuilt. Happy so far. 

• Like 1

Got the carb cleaned out and it's running much better but the hydro is way out of adjustment. The tractor I. D. tag is really faint so if anyone could let me know the full model number so I can get the manual online from simplicity I would appreciate that a bunch. 

Ok well I did find a number to get a look at the manual and that was not much help. With the hydrostatic lever all the way ahead the tractor just barely creeps ahead so I will have to really get in to the mechanism and see how to do a major adjustment.