Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Parts for Sickle Bar Mowers

Les

Several members(myself included) have expressed difficulty in obtaining parts for sickle bar mowers.
I have contacted Haban Mfg. Co., who made these mowers, and got no response. Today I spoke with my old neighbor from Indiana(who is a great guy except that he is a Wheel Horse man). He believes that our mowers use the same sections and guards as the Jari Sickle Bar Mower. A quick internet search reveals that Grassland Equipment in Lantam, NY sells parts for the Jari mowers. The number is 800-564-5587.
I have sent an e-mail to grassland requesting info. My neighbor also told me that the Jari mowers use a smaller rivet than a full sized sickle bar mower.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought a reconditioned sickle mower for my simplicity tractor. This came off an A.C. and is model 2025012. It appears that there is some kind of pto reduction pulley set up that fits under the tractor. After trying this with out the reduction I found that the mower would biog down the 10hp engine to just about dead. Also the pitman arm broke. Does anyone have info or pictures on what is needed to lash all of this iron together?