Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gas gauge for 3112 and 627

steve-wis

Hello everyone!

I need to replace the gas cap/gauge on three of my tractors.  I found the one that fits the agco 918 on ebay, but can't find the shorter ones for the other two tractors, a 627 yeoman and a 3112V Sovereign.  Does anyone have a part number, or a source, for the shorter gauges?  The ones I am replacing are aprox. 6 inches and 4 1/2 inches long, but I think 6 inch would fit both tractors.  Any help is, as always, appreciated!

Steve

Sam is correct, the ones I need are 1 1/2 thread dia. not 2 inch like the ones in the link.  I found the longer ones for the bigger tanks, like the 1990's sovereigns but can't seem to find the shorter ones for the older tractors.  I know they were on ebay about a year ago but now can't find them.

Well, found the numbers.  Agco Allis 918H gas cap gauge is part number 2171252sm, and are all over the place.  The older tractors with the shallower tanks take a gas cap gauge number 2156175sm.  Only one place on ebay has them, and they are $26 each.  They used to be readily available, wonder if they are old enough now that manufacturers are not making them any more?

Thanks for the help, I finally found one seller on ebay with 13 of them left, a bit more than Jacks but free shipping.  Now I have good gauges on all 4 of the tractors, hope I am done for a long time!

Steve

Not sure if they have it or not, but Brenda at Sandy Lake is a collector, knows your tractor inside and out. https://sandylakeimp.com/parts/

Have bought many things from her over the years, most new, some used. New parts are used the minute you crank the tractor, so I take her word on condition, and have never been upset by her choice