Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sundstrand seal

Brettw

Hi all,

Need a bit of help.  I tried to search the forums and came up empty?  Not sure if I am searching incorrectly, but I could not find what I was looking for.  I need the seal information for the pintel shaft where the input for the directional arm is attached, on a Sundstrand on a Sovereign.  I am leaking a fair amount from there and I need to replace the seal.  ANy help would be appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

I am not sure what you mean by "cam" but it is on the trunnion shaft.  It would be the "front" seal as the pump sits in the tractor.  Where the actuator attaches to the shaft to control speed and direction. Is that the cam?

And thanks, Bill.  For whatever reason, when i typed in pintel seal, sundstrand seal, etc. I was getting no matches in the search.  Your articles are very helpful.  Now I just need to identify the part number, or, a NAPA match. (Unless Ryan can help me out)

Edited by Brettw

"Latest" IPL for Sundstrand pump:

image.png.afc342af441ee8a5811fa30afb46f521.png

image.png.c817c757f3a5fc76f5aa15620e154af4.png

As to searching, most links I provide are ones I remember because I commented in them.  Therefore use the "Advanced Search" "+Search By Author" feature.  Without adding that, I find it difficult to find what I want.