DSCN2452.JPG

• Like 2

More pictures on tractor, still need to have to add bottom blocks on forks

Stephen, I don't know what forks came off of I traded a larger set for these

DSCN2453.JPG

DSCN2454.JPG

DSCN2455.JPG

• Like 6

Looks great. I like the way you have done it with flats. Keeps the weight back as far as possible. I was using square tubing to try and  keep the weight down. some.

I built 3 sets  over the years for tractors I had at the time. On all three of those I made the forks too. Tried to make the forksets weigh in about the same as the bucket so I wouldnt lose any lift capacity. Worked out great every time.

Got this Kubota and wa stired of welding up forksets, so I just paid the money and bought  the quck-attach and the factory forkset  for the BX25D. Bucket on that weighs around 100 lbs or somewhere around that. The  factory forkset weight in around 200 lbs++. With the quick-attach the weight totals around 300 lbs. Tractor has a set factory lift capacity of 500 lbs, so I can only lift around 300 lbs. Not terribly pleasing if you ask me.

Guess I should have just made a forkset and done away with the quick attach atogether. However, I do like the quick attach. Makes swapping  frm bucket to forks real quick and easy.

• Like 3

thanks guys I don't know off hand what they weigh, will just crank up pressure, I'm not sure what they will lift.

Sam I would like a quick attach but like ya say may be overkill , these forks came off a small forklift but I never saw what

• Like 1

My fork setup is very similar...same forks, but I nabbed a pair of carriage bars off ebay and just added the angle and bushings.  I do like the beveled corners...never considered that but I could shave a couple pounds right there.  Mine is substantially heavier than the bucket, but I honestly cannot remember the last time I used the bucket or had it on.  It's a PITA without a quick tach setup, and I move things constantly with the forks and pallets. I ;shuffled some new laminate flooring cases from the garage to the basement walkout earlier last week...660lbs per load and at idle the loader would lift it to about half height.  The limiting factor is rear weight.  I had a wet of Powermax wheel weights (130#) and 360# of suitcase weights on the 3pt and still had to put it in 4x4 to keep from sliding down my driveway.  I would never have that much weight on an early legacy front axle though...or a 2wd XL axle.  I think it would be a plan for disaster.  I did shim mine to bump the pressure to about 1300psi (from factory 950).  Really wakes it up!

Well, I didn't get the picture but I lifted the 720up 3 ft to put on trailer, mine will pick the rearend off the ground with 300+ weights I have in box.

Did add 135lb off my pulling tractor, Josh you asked once how I like it, I've pretty much fell in love with it and since I have the forks even more.

I just wish rears were as strong as Powermax series, Did get the other fork on

DSCN2453.JPG

DSCN2454.JPG

• Like 3

You picked up a 1300lb powermax???  Mine might pick a 750lb sovereign 3’ but it sure wouldnt like it. I cant even imagine that much weight out front without catastrophe. 

1 hour ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

You picked up a 1300lb powermax???  Mine might pick a 750lb sovereign 3’ but it sure wouldnt like it. I cant even imagine that much weight out front without catastrophe. 

well it did, Dale Shaffer the trucker witnessed it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 720nut said:

well it did, Dale Shaffer the trucker witnessed it

That's just nuts...what PSI are you running?  I had the same loader you have, and going to the XL I gained some capacity.  The XL loader, stock, might pick up 500lbs with the bucket, so I was probably lifting only 450-ish with the early legacy.  I bumped my xl to 1300PSI, and gained a couple hundred pounds capacity, plus the added weight of the forks.  The problem is, even with all the weight I can fit on the back of the machine, it's still difficult to operate with 600+ on the loader.  I have to engage the front axle to get any traction to move and I cringe to do it.  I can't imagine nearly double the load, especially on a 2wd machine!  I just can't wrap my mind around that.  The early legacy loader mounting seems so much lighter as well.  Throw in the weaker front end, less robust power steering design, etc...I really would have to witness it, and then I would want to buy the machine!

21 hours ago, Machineguy said:

All I’ve got is a silly little boom pole that I made! You guys are talking a whole different level! Now I want a FEL too!!! 😂

C36F992E-C13D-4CFD-81CE-46B83542E1FF.jpeg

Bob , I was always going to build one of those but just like the forks never got around to it, always thought one would be handy.

I wouldn't recommend everyone run out and try to lift a Powermax but I was just able to regardless whether some people chose to believe or not 

My only regret is I have no pictures, I took them after we had everything loaded.

I have a few large maple jogs that I plan to try and lift , I will have pictures.

• Like 2