Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snapper NTX - Simplicity Franken-Clone??

victorsnc

So I am helping my son buy his first riding mower.  Although I have never owned anything but A/C or Simplicity - I came across this Snapper NXT 25-48 Mower.  Looks like part Regent and part Broadmoor.  Made in 2014 (apparently 1 year only) this Frankenstein Simplicity clone has a 48" 3-blade fabricated deck, the nice mesh seat first introduced on the Prestige, and larger rear tires and frame than a Regent - but I don't think the frame is as large as a Broadmoor.  Has the Briggs 25 HP Professional Engine just like a Broadmoor but the Tuff Torq K-46 transaxle of the Regent.   The 48" fabricated deck looks part Simplicty - part Snapper - fully frame attached and no rear rollers.   What do you guys make of this thing?

Snapper NXT 25-48.jpg

I'd probably aim for something with a little bigger transmission especially if operating on any hills. The fabricated decks were based on Ferris decks, I believe. 

I seriously doubt Simplicity had anything to do with it. IIRC many of these lower end machines are made by MTD in Minneapolis and labeled as whatever company wants to sell them as (Toro, MTD, YardMan, Husqvarna, etc) underneath all the same machines