Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gcabinet1

4041 control rod bushing needed

Gcabinet1

Hi Guys 

Does anyone know where I can get( Simplicity 2172949) its the bushing that goes in the control rod for the hydro

mine is bad and the tractor will start to inch forward o its own when in neutral.

I checked a few places on line and it says its no longer available!!

Thanks G 

ShaunE

If I remember correctly, the two that are located in the control rod maybe the same as the two that are located in the rear PTO/engine coupler.  Those are 2177943SM.  I replaced all of mine with new in 2008 but obviously they were still available then.  If not the same part # they still may work.  They also may be close to the same configuration as the 1650592 - Cam Roller used on the Sovereign Sundstrand Hydro unit control group.

I hope this helps.

Josiah deshong

Me, you and every body else with a powermax if anybody finds a bushing please tell I think I used a cut 3/8 pvc tubing and then slid the next size pvc tubing over that to fill the void, obviously not a permanent solution I gotta do my 620 yet I’ll see if that bushing Shawn’s talking about works.  None  of mine have anything left of the bushing I don’t even know what it looks like was it rubber Shawn