Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy Lives Again

dvdriz

This may not deserve to be on this site at its only 20 years old but I saw this rusted out Legacy that sat outside its entire life used for just plowing snow. The previous owner clearly had no respect for it and it was surely doomed. I paid $300 for it because I noticed the engine had been replaced in 2008 and it fired right up with fuel dumped in the carb so I figured I could get my money back worst case. Got it home and my first task was to repair the fuel cutoff solenoid and it ran perfect with no noises or smoke. It then was an easy choice to begin bringing it back to life. I have so many hours bending sheet metal and sanding and painting but it’s back to a usable condition. I know it’s the wrong color orange but this was not a vintage restoration but a return to a functioning tractor. Everything works great with plenty of TLC put into it. The wheel weights were really tore up so I used 1/2 inch steel plate with threaded holes to holes to hold the wheel weights and steel plates on. As a bonus I have another 30 pounds of weight. The suitcase weight bracket I made hold six but I only have four installed right now. The plow was rusted and bent up so bad I was unsure I could safe it but it worked out with welding in lots of material.  I wanted to give a shout out to Sam who helped me out greatly. Here are some before and after pics. 

7F67F293-C595-4196-9AF2-5B5CD7468DEB.jpeg

302FA5D3-A9F8-4930-9404-2FD65F3C4324.jpeg

1392CCE1-42F0-4A2E-A21C-4ED691F0AA7D.jpeg

C0768D95-B04A-4F97-843C-8957AC9BC50F.jpeg

776F4BC5-49FF-4267-86FA-C4370BE2EECC.jpeg

4057E664-5FAA-4B89-95DA-F1A62A7AA5F1.jpeg

4352C2BE-A5A9-4F77-9394-C3FB22260E1A.jpeg

• Like 5

Excellent job, and a great deal!  If I had a slightly bigger lot, I would be looking to go the the Legacy Series myself.  Ya dun good!

Edited by Brettw

On 9/26/2018 at 6:45 AM, 720nut said:

I to have gone the legacy route  sm01,  would like to find a blade like yours 

Might have a lead on a plow in Michigan. Is this too far for you?