Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GregB

auction find

GregB
Went to a local auction this morning. They had listed a B-1 in AS-IS condition. I went looking for a parts tractor. What I found was a one owner tractor with attachments. Luck was with me, I got the tractor,snow blade, mold board plow, cultivators, snow thrower, rototiller, chains, and the original engine. All for $120!! I planned on using this for parts to fix my other B-1. But now I think that this will be the keeper, and after it is done I will part out the other. It is surface rusted but straight, with all the drive hardware for the attachments. As an extra bonus, in a box lot of misc. stuff I also picked up the original operators manual! After the sale a guy walked up and asked if I was looking for a mower deck for the tractor. He said he had three of them. He also said he had a sickle bar mower for an Allis. I will probably go see them, he said $65 for a mower deck. I wonder what he will ask for the sickle bar?

Guest Jef
Sounds to good to be true but hey BZ on the purchase. You just never know what your going to find at those auctions. Sounds like you have caught the fever. Jeff

GregB
I told my wife that by buying this package I can now get rid of my Bolens 1050, blower, blade and deck. I almost hate to sell it, it makes a good meadow mower. Well I guess I really can't sell it until my "new" package is all up and running :-)