Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Caption this

Talntedmrgreen

"Hope the lift socket pin dont come out..."

Took a planetary type sickle mower and  added a couple of brackets to the frame for an idler pulley or two, a lift cable attaching point,  then bolted a rod  with stops on it on a bracket across the mount part of the frame. This allowed it to be used with the tiller drive on the back of a Wheel Horse 314 garden tractor, among other models too.

Later knocked the extras off and sold it back in the oemSimplicity format..

I once had a yellow 42 inch deck that had been adapted to a Gilson. Also parted outa Simplicity cultivator that had been adapted to a early JD. Oh the humanity! 

• Haha 1

About 18 years ago I rescued a small frame belly grader blade out from under an old Cub Cadet. It didn't really work well with the lift system under the Cub.  It had a couple holes drilled in the frame and the little arm that the lift chain hooks to had been cut off.  I found some matching material after measuring an NOS blade I had and welded it back on, filled in the holes and have used it ever since under my mutt 717.  I had to make a belly grader to work on the guys JD 212 to trade him.  Was pretty easy - I had some pics from parts and sales literature, and used a cutting edge for a 3pt back blade for the moldboard.  I don't know if I have any photos of that project.

Another time I saw a Simplicity 48" deck under a 300/400 series Allis.  They had the one end torched out of the deck and had swapped blades to allow it to spin the right way for the tractor.  Not good.

I made a rear lift for my 717 to use a Simplicity walking tractor disc behind it.  I used the 738 style tiller hitch system for inspiration and the lift rod and hitch bracket.  Worked really well.  Not sure if I have photos from that or not, hasn't been on the tractor in many years.

I am really really impressed with everything you guys came up with! It’s been a busy couple of weeks at work and I came back across this and it was quite a surprise!

• 3 weeks later...