Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Traction

Nubian

I've had luck using the ag treads in the snow with a tractor - no experience with the "newer" snow tread.

How about duals? - Then you won't have to decide. sm00

Ag tires work well if they have enough weight in/on them but on a walk behind blower I think the snow tires may be a little more flexible and grip better. Eddy; do you have two sets of rims? It would be nice to try both tread patterns and compare....Dave

3 hours ago, B10Dave said:

Ag tires work well if they have enough weight in/on them but on a walk behind blower I think the snow tires may be a little more flexible and grip better. Eddy; do you have two sets of rims? It would be nice to try both tread patterns and compare....Dave

That would would have been great if I did. Unfortunately i don't. I thought about adding weights fro traction but did not think a walk behind tranny :) was suited for that

I've never used them on the tractors, but I like the newer snow tread better.  I think most of the traction comes from the softer compound.  I actually have a set I want to put on the front of my 7116 for plowing in hopes that the plow won't push me around as much.  Maybe tri-ribs would be better...

• Like 2

My dad likes the ones on the inside. He uses a print like that on his lawn tractor for traction on his hills mowing. I dont know what they are like in the snow.

Edited by SmilinSam

My brother has some like those with a hand full of hex head sheet metal screws in the knobs. Terrific traction, but he's not running on pavement.