Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

2002 Legacy

Baja24

Finally found a good deal on a 2002 Legacy with the 25 hp  Kohler Command . It is not the Xl, but has hydraulic steering and deck lift. I picked up a single 47" stage snowblower for it and while messing around with mounting hitch got to wondering if you could add the hydraulics to the front and rear of the tractor like the XL version, or is the pump only big enough to run the steering and deck? would like to pick up a blade and a bucket for it sometime.

IMG_20180914_1717452.jpg

• Like 2

A little jealous! Better shape than the one I bought just like it. But then again I only paid $600 so I suppose if I have to spruce it up some I shouldn't complain.

I've seen a diagram somewhere that shows "Teeing" in another spool valve but you can only use one at a time. If I remember right the fluid flows all the time through the system. It's always flowing, either just returning back to the pump if the steering is not being used or spool valves are in the center position or moving something. Once the steering or a spool calls for fluid, it interrupts the return flow and puts it to work. Seems simple on paper. 

I added 3 point to mine and just teed in at the valve, as for a bucket or loader they have there own hyd pump on the older versions.

Surprised Josh has not chimed in here.