Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

4211 issues

rockfangd

Hi All. I bought a 4211 because I have a 36" snowblower attachment that I want to use. 

The guy I bought the tractor from said the engine was blown, but when I went to look at it I had found the rear diff was messed up and when the clutch was pushed the engine turned over... So I brought it home.

So What I found was that the brake was locked up. I loosened the 2 bolts that held the caliper and bam it rolls now. Great. Not so much.

I then attempted to start the engine. I then found a nice fist size hole in the block behind the starter. I figure the brake locked up and rather than the belt slipping it blew the engine. The good is that it is not the original engine, and I am picking up the original engine, the bad, I hope there are no other issues.

So I hooked up my snowblower just to verify it would mount up, and it does. I need to get a belt though.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get the lift lever assembly for the snowblower If not I will have to fabricate something. 

Also any opinions on this model? It looks like a toy next to my SunStar and my 7116.

Thanks for Reading

hmm. What did that come off?

not sure if it will work. Believe it has a plate that bolts under the right foot.

IIRC the lever for the deck has to be removed and it uses the holes from it.

Thank you for posting

hmm.

It is a "Lift Lever Kit".  Simplicity Part # 1691467.  Used on the 4000, 5000 & 6000 series tractors.

The one I have pictured came off a 6216, I have another that is orange that does not have the rear angled bracket that serves as added support in the wheel well for the larger blowers.  The orange one I have was on a 4208 & a 6008 throughout it's life but at the price & availability of these, I was NOT giving either one away with the tractors when I sold them.  The existing "Mower Transport Lift Kit", Simplicity Part # 1685219, was left in place when I added this.  It's purpose is to give you extra leverage when lifting the attachment & depending on your current "Lift Rod", could be used to lift the mower deck as well so it would remain on the tractor year round.

trying to picture it on the machine. 

It Looks lke the 2 hoes to the left go toward the back frame and the ones on the right to the plate. That sound right?

Willing to sell one?

To be very diplomatic about this conversation.  This is the "Talking Tractors" portion of the forum.  This is where we post about our tractors & tractor related issues.  Wanted & for sale items are supposed to go in the "Classified" section or through PM.

I'm not upset that you have posted this here but if you would like to talk further about this, please PM (Private Message) me or post a want ad in the "Classified" section.

We are pretty lacks here but I'm just trying to follow the rules.dOd

Oh absolutely. No intention of doing business in this thread. Was just curious.

Providing the numbers and picture helps plenty. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well happy to say I got the original engine back installed and carb rebuilt. Installed it tonight and it fired right up. I am hoping to possibly be able to use it for winter. At least maybe as a backup. It is a toy compared to my other 2 tractors. Still not sure what I am going to do about the lever yet but working on it.