Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Gaucho

Pulling a starter on a Powermax 4041

Gaucho

I know that pulling the Onan CCKB out of a Powermax has been discussed before to remove the starter, but I haven't seen this issue brought up: As I was getting ready to take the starter out, I found that the bracket and bolts were on the inside of the flywheel. I could remove the lower bolt with a socket extension, but the second bolt required me actually taking the old starter apart and getting to the bolt from behind. The bolt head was rubbing up against the oil case on the lower half of the motor. I actually removed that as well so i had easier access. The picture isn't great but I couldn't get in any closer because the bolt seemed so hard to reach. I've looked at old threads and in the pics I've seen the bracket appears to be on the flywheel side with the bolts in a much more accessible place. Has anybody run across this before? Is this the proper place for the bracket?

Thanks

C.J.   

IMG_20181004_151924413a.jpg

IMG_20181006_145209117_HDR.jpg

Gaucho

So I was able to get the new starter in and put the motor back in yesterday and she fired right up. I replaced that hard to reach bolt with a socket head caps screw so both can now be taken out without taking off the flywheel and oil case.

IMG_20181011_103114009.jpg

Edited by Gaucho
  • Like 3