Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dump Trailer

Johnrenk

Summer project from materials around the shop. Only purchase were the tires. Nice long tong makes backing up very easy. Hydraulic jack for heavy loads of dirt,can also dump the light loads like wood chips without the jack. I might add a couple supports for the pan and remove the jack when not needed. Made to be universal and dismantled to return to a standard wheel barrow , but who wants that this is more fun.

Tried to make a thumb nail but could not reduce the size. Will work on that.

tractor dump cart.JPG

dump cart.JPG

• Like 6

9 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Very nice fabrication job.  Good idea!  Thanks for sharing.

my thoughts too, might have to build one of those dOd

I’m really Diggin what you have going there! Nothing worse than filling a wagon and then finding out you have to shovel half of it out just so you can dump it because of the weight.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does it dump better with the tub turned backwards like that? My factory plastic tub cart will not empty completely. Even with the tallest tires I could put on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Made this decision early in the build, would have to raise the tub twice as much because it being longer . Only material left can be brushed off by hand or not at all. A telescoping piston would be ideal for lower profile. The piston floats not connected so to dump by hand . One end sets on a 3/4 post the other sets in a round pipe. Works well. One thing I have to add are stops on the pan when hydro is not needed so the hing doesn't bend with a load and bouncing while moving. 

• Thanks 1