Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sickle Bar Bearing

Roy

Gang, On the reciprocating link that hooks directly to the cutter bar assembly for a Type 1 sickle bar mower I have some questions: 1. Does the bearing just press out of the link (looks like it should)? 2. Anyone have the manufacturer and number of the bearing? 3. If the bearing is non-standard or obsolete does anyone have a source for it? Thanks, Roy

Got only one response from my initial post so thought I would try again, Anyone happen to know if the bearing is replaceable or not? Roy

Roy, If you cant find the bearing you can do what the previous owner of mine did. It was simply replaced with a bushing, and washer set up. Seems to work good. Beamer

Roy, I'd like to help, but I'm not sure what you mean by "type 1" sickle. Of the non-planetary sickles, the 210 uses barrel "bearings" retained by half-moons in the link between the rocker arm and cutter bar. The others use a 3 piece link, a threaded connector joining 2 pivoting rod ends (101106). Those ends are similar to the ends used on a 3 point hitch, only a lot smaller, and should still be available. The newer style link assembly looks like it could be used to replace the 210 barrel bearings. Neither of those 2 links use an actual bearing. Is that the link you mean?