Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord dash colors

MrSteele

My 65 Landlord heard that I was going to give it a new engine, so it sped up the process, Saturday when the fiber disc at the bevel gear box decided to go south. That took out the seal and front needle in the gear box. Started tearing down, and will continue today before ordering parts as necessary, from Sandy Lake or Motion. Decided that since this is going to be more than an engine change, will paint a few things this time.

Does anybody have a paint color scheme for the dash? I still have most of the black dash panel, though some paint is worn off. Will likely clean and mask as required, and consider a black epoxy to replace the black section. It appears to have a silver/chrome trim around the black, and the rest is white. IS the white the same color as the wheels?

Also, the silver color, is it tape around the dash, or is the dash a chrome plated piece with the black painted inside? Is there a source for the safety first decal and shift pattern decal?

Simp Dash.jpg

Simp Disc.jpg

I would try click it & stick it for the decals. I have never bought any from them but others here have. The dash decal does have the chrome ring around the outside & it is part of the decal. So yes it is foil with black color. As far as the dash color. I personally think that Rustoleum Canvas White is a very good match. & from the machines I have, the wheels match the dash. Not saying it is correct, it's just what I have.

Looked at them. I would rather attempt cleaning and painting the existing textured decal than replacing with one sort of like I have. Thanks, but. 

Think I will check with a local sign maker, rather than opt for "almost" like what I have.

Thanks also on the paint. I used an Ace Hardware paint on the wheels, will also likely use on the dash. Just mask the dash decal for now, and paint over (after removal) the safety decal, can put it on anytime

Not sure what the extra hole was cut in for or the two buttons on the left side are for. If equipped with headlights, the switch is supposed to go in the knockout above the decal.

The replacement decals I used when I restored my fathers B-12 came from either Wells Implement or Norm Stienman back in about 2004. They were spot on.

I have a set of 1967 Pontiac GTO backup lights for headlights, cut into the grille. The switches apparently went, one to each. Some rewiring is in order for the job, too. Both switches are frozen, and will be replaced with black plastic plugs, or use a new switch in one of the holes. The back up lights did not work. Looking to put the right style lights on, only LED on the bar instead of in the grille

Update. The disc does not seem to be the culprit, but simply another victim. The bolt anchoring the input bevel had backed out about 1/4 inch...The gear is toast, but the driven gear seems ok with just a couple chips out of it. Of course, while there, will replace bearings and seals. Decided against a pretty paint job, just enough paint to inhibit further deterioration, new bolts , will look at all subassemblies, such as mid PTO bearings, as well. Considering boring the gears for roll pins in addition to bolts with a good dose of red Loctite. Going into steering gear again, repack needles or replace as necessary, have some welding to do on the deck and PTO belt guard. Seems as a cost of about $400.00 every 10-15 years on something is normal, whether repairing or buying something new to play with for cutting a lawn. I like mechanical condition to be as close to new as possible, paint, not so concerned