Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Let the fun begin

GardenTrACtorguy

Just today I came home with 10 engines that I hope to get running.  2 tecumsehs and the rest Briggs flat heads ranging from 3 to 10 horsepower.   Not a great pictures, but what would some of these be worth?

9CE07AD3-2581-4740-8461-BB23059326B2.jpeg

971F9572-E096-42E3-8CC4-EF18A7C8F964.jpeg

24442445-35D4-42DA-8B49-E3C2FF6EA3F8.jpeg

0574E45A-4CA5-4D58-9AD6-BDA682AD1B2F.jpeg

Edited by GardenTrACtorguy

Depends on how much you are willing to take, as to how much they are worth. A running engine is, of course, worth more than non running. Agree with the gear reduction. I gave $25 for one last year, running. You might part a couple out to get your money back if you do not want the engine for anything you have. I keep a lot of spare parts for personal machines, so sometimes pick an engine up for spare parts, not caring if it runs or not.

As for the Tecumseh engines. Do you have a buddy needing an unusual boat anchor?

I’ll try my best to get them running.  My family farms and we would like to use the one for a hydraulic pump we’re going to make.  The one tecumseh is an electric start from a cub I have been told. As for the other the carburetor was knocked off by the former owners son playing around and was a running engine.