Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Single stage Snow blower

marksr

What is the proper rpm For a single stage snowblower at full  throttle  I am turning 1400 rpm on the  Auger shaft 

Edited by marksr

Not sure there is a standard RPM for the auger. Factory pulleys will turn it at factory spec but some have put a smaller pulley on the auger drive to increase speed. Never put a tach on mine on the BigTen to see the RPM but it moves a lot of snow easily.

• Like 1

Interesting question.  I have two single stage 42 inch snowblowers.  One is factory stock for my Allis T816, the other is factory stock for my 918 Agco Allis.  Had both mounted last winter.  The one on the T816 runs very noticeably slower than the one on the 918, and the performance is quite different also.  Both have the correct pulleys and hitches, to the best of my knowledge.  The T816 is driven by the engine pulley. the 918 off of the bevel gear box cone clutch.  I have wondered which is correct, or if there even is a correct.  So if anyone has any info, please post it, I am curious as well!

Thanks 

Steve

I believe there are 2 different sized driven pulleys on the snowblowers depending on the application whether driven  from front PTO or mid PTO or engine crank driven on the Sovereigns.  I think other tractors/models may have different sized driven pulleys depending on application also.   

Interesting.

I may have to measure both of my pulleys.

I have a 42"  on my 7116 that is driven by the BG box.

I have a 36 on my 4211 that is driven by the engine crank. 

The one on the 7116 spins quite fast. Impressively. I run it pretty high to assure it stays clean.

I wonder if the chain drive is any different also. That would make sense too