Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FDT Big Ten

JohnMBerst

Well the story goes about 7 years ago, my local mechanic had a Big Ten from the farm, as as I looked at it he noted he was going to restore it.  After doing a Deere Model G, very nice, and others, the Big Ten was still on the to do list.  He decided to restore his 70's Dodge, and someone offered him $200 for the Ten, the deck and a MacKissig Might Mac.  His son noted to him, that I was interested from long ago, so picked up my first foot dragging today.  A bit "barn" dirt, but starts and looks to run well.  Drove around the yard some, all gears work, and steers nice.  Have much to learn, clean, and install, but looking forward the to winter project.   Will power wash and then begin the review.  Will have many questions as my fleet has always been 5200, 6200 and 6500 tractors.  Total expense was under $200.  Hope to make it the back up mower, and fill time chipper.  

20181103_140840_(1).jpg

• Like 3

Nice find. Original light bar and lights, Nelson muffler, seat cushions all present.Hub caps may even clean up with an SOS pad and some warm water. Have fun with it.

Edited by B10Dave
  • Like 2