Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1970 3210 with 42” dozer blade question

Steveo

So I mounted a new to me dozer blade blade today, fabricated a lift rod for it. Raises and lowers great. Prob need to put on a shorter oil fill pipe so my lift rod won’t hit it. 

My question is, is what holds it up in raised position when it’s not dropped and pushing snow or dirt? 

The lift lever has a notch that a spring loaded catch locks into to hold the implement, just the same as when raising the mower deck. 

On mine when the deck is mounted 

Push forward raises the deck and it holds in notch.

deck off front blade on it raises by pulling. No notch at the other end.

A9536E32-0515-4448-AD2D-715AEE952337.jpeg

It should pull all the way to the back and catch over the back edge of the quadrant. I'll have to see if I can find a picture to illustrate this. 

like my leg would prevent it from latching on the far back of that plate the arm would be in leg position. 

Seems like should be a notch like in front 

I'm wondering if its your fabricated rod that's preventing it going back that last half inch. In the picture I can see the notch at the rear bottom of the plate that you are aiming at.

could be. If that’s where it’s suppose to hook then I’ll figure a way to make it happen. Or I’ll just double down an find a hydraulic lift for it:)

• Like 1