Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Time to set up for the white stuff

Brettw

That time of the year again.  check the fluids and filters, top off the fuel and add some Seafoam, assemble the cab and install the blower.  Ready for winter.  Hard to believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner, early this year.  Bring it on Mr. Snowmeister!!

pre-pac 009.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG

pre-pac 008.JPG

pre-pac 007.JPG

• Like 5

The cab itself, and doors, are all fiberglass, the front lower shroud I fabricated for the tractor out of steel tubing and aluminum sheathing.  I believe it may be from a Powermax.  That's the only time I have ever seen one like it.  But if I recall the wiper motor is dated earlier than the Powermax series, so I'm not sure about that.  It's not light, but it's also not too heavy for me to handle myself, so, not quite a Cozy Cab, but a step up from the soft side.  I think I picked it up in central Wisconsin and then retrofitted it about 7 years ago now.  

Edited by Brettw

Agreed, I love that cab! 

I woke up to an inch on the ground this morning, hopefully it will bring more for High Holy Week (gun deer season) next weekend.  This may be one of those years I never pick up leaves as most are still on the trees up here.  Oh well, I'll get them in the spring.  

It does definitely look like one from Original Tractor Cab. I've been looking for the Powermax version for several years now.  There was one for sale in MI I believe a few years back for very reasonable but I wasn't wanting one then.

cab.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ShaunE said:

It does definitely look like one from Original Tractor Cab.

That is the cab.  Door bottoms have been trimmed, and by the looks of that photo, the part I fabricated for the front fascia was cloth on the original.  But without question, that picture is a picture of the cab I retrofitted.  Thanks for the pic for the history!