Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 7112 Snow plow help

Barshots

So I'm looking for some help, I picked this Simplicity 7112 up for $200 and got it working good. I'm in need of a plow and searching for one has become a bit hard. I'm getting mixed story's of which one it takes. The numbers I have found is the plow number is 1690088 and can't find info of the bracket it takes. I just got off the phone with a guy that said the plow goes under the tractor? So if anyone would have a picture of the tractor with the plow or just the plow and mounts it takes would be great. I also would to ask if anyone knows of one for sale, I would need it shipped to PA if it's to far away and the price is right.  

20180930_135558[1].jpg

• Like 2

First, welcome to the site. That's a fine tractor at a very good price, if getting it up to par didn't run too much.  You have what is referred to as a large frame tractor and attachments are interchangeable with many models. I believe the hitch will mount where the front of the deck is attached. Measure that spread and scour Craigslist. If you have become a member (the best $10 I spend every year) you can post an ad on this site as well. Plows are reasonably common. Persistence will pay off. Good luck, Dave

• Like 2

There are two front plows that will fit that tractor.  Both use a bracket that mounts to the front axle at the same point as a mower deck or snow blower.  One of the plows is, I believe, a 42" wide non-spring loaded plow that will be able to be manually turned and pinned either straight, or angled to the left or right.  The other I believe is a 46" plow that is spring loaded and can be either set up to for manual or remote angle position.  This is the only pic I have.  It is of the 42", but clearly shows the bracket and lift rod.  Nice deal on the tractor, good luck with your plow hunt.  Blowers work great too.

100_1933.JPG

Brettw beat me to it, I was just heading out to get you a pic of my 5 position plow.  I believe pretty much anything off a large frame simplicity will fit.  It slings under the front axle and pins through the same holes your deck currently occupies.  The only dimension that really matters is the distance between those two mount tabs on the arms.  I think even some of the older, smaller A/C's and Simplicitys plows would fit these.  I have a small frame belly grader that fits my large frame tractors just fine with zero modifications.  

14 hours ago, Barshots said:

So I'm looking for some help, I picked this Simplicity 7112 up for $200 and got it working good. I'm in need of a plow and searching for one has become a bit hard. I'm getting mixed story's of which one it takes. The numbers I have found is the plow number is 1690088 and can't find info of the bracket it takes. I just got off the phone with a guy that said the plow goes under the tractor? So if anyone would have a picture of the tractor with the plow or just the plow and mounts it takes would be great. I also would to ask if anyone knows of one for sale, I would need it shipped to PA if it's to far away and the price is right.  

Usually Simplicity snow plows for large frame (Sovereign or Landlord) are not hard to find, especially the 42" . Looks like a nice tractor. Welcome to the club and I second dhoadley (David's) suggestion regarding the best $10 you can spend is to become a member. Good luck,

You will need to find a plow with the longer hitch which fit the 7100 series and newer models. The short hitch used on pre 7100 models will not fit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bill725 said:

You will need to find a plow with the longer hitch which fit the 7100 series and newer models. The short hitch used on pre 7100 models will not fit.

I would think that all you would need is a shorter lift rod as the frames on the 7100's are two inches longer.

The older 42" blades for the FDT tractors (tractors before 1971) had the lift arm angled back, and usually came with a solid lift rod.  This arm will interfere with the hood on the later tractors.  The later blades had the lift arm more straight up and down, also usually came with and adjustable spring lift rod (this adjustment range works for both the 3400, 7000, and 7100 series tractors, and AC 700 and 900 series) (see picture on Brett's post). 

If you find and older blade (usually orange or yellow) the lift arm could be cut off, repositioned and rewelded, and fabricate a new lift rod, and it will work.

24 minutes ago, MikeES said:

If you find and older blade (usually orange or yellow) the lift arm could be cut off, repositioned and rewelded, and fabricate a new lift rod, and it will work.

Which I did as shown in this post:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/55265-50-fdt-blade/?tab=comments#comment-55268

As stated in the above post, it's a little tight for a 7100 series tractor, but the arm will just clear the hood (but maybe not if the blade is raised to max height depending on the length of the lift rod.

And another old post describing blade hitch differences: 

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/60198-new-2010/?tab=comments#comment-481448

Ty guys I did end up getting a 46inch plow but that I though would work and man I was wrong. The hook up is universal and came off of decent size john deer. I will continue my search and pay the $10 and hope I can find a good deal close.

But yeah I changed all the fluids and cleaned it up. I did end up getting a new carb and the thing runs like a champ. I still need to find the bar that holds the caster wheels on the deck as this one is broke and a new one is $170 just for the rod. I'll just make one if I have too

Edited by Barshots

Won't fit, wrong hitch setup.  The blower head itself may work, but you would need the proper hitch and lift rod.  Not a great picture, but this is the single pulley hitch you would need.  Pins to the front axle

5 hours ago, Barshots said:

I still need to find the bar that holds the caster wheels on the deck as this one is broke and a new one is $170 just for the rod. I'll just make one if I have too

Most of us make our own roller bars now that one from Simplicity is way, way, way overpriced.  A post about making your own:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/59145-roller-shaft-1668541-16020/?tab=comments#comment-473096

Thank you very much guys and I will continue to look for something. I was thinking if maybe I was to find a nice heavy duty 46 inch plow maybe I could extend it to like a 50 or a little bit bigger, That would be if the tractor can handle it.

Nope. That is for an older tractor. Perfect for my 1969 3112V. PhanDad posted a great pic of what you need. I was all set to have RayS make me one when i came across an entire head , hitch assembly, belt, and head for $100. SOLD!

I looked for months.

7 hours ago, Barshots said:

So I found a snowblower 1691522 but not sure if it will fit? The guy is giving me a good deal I think $200?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

That IS a good deal if it would work.

So either of these blower heads work If I buy the hitch? The hitch shown in the picture that comes with the red one looks correct but with a extra pulley?

24 minutes ago, Barshots said:

The hitch shown in the picture that comes with the red one looks correct but with a extra pulley?

It has an extra pulley because it's made to use with a front PTO (on the engine crankshaft that sticks out front).  The single pulley hitch is made to use with the center PTO.  Here's pics of each so you can see the differences:

New_Hitch_0013.jpg.0a4d652b05ace0c18e14229ebab405e0.jpg

single_pulley.JPG.fd71fbef681d560894d80d31026eaaac.JPG

The two pulley hitch can be converted into a single pulley hitch - BUT it's not easy.  Note the the cross bar difference - two pulley hitch has the cross bar on bottom while the single pulley hitch has it in front.  So there's a lot of alignment work to get right besides the cutting and welding.

I've used both setups.  Before I got the single pulley hitch setup, I figured there wasn't much difference.  I was wrong; the single pulley setup is much better IMO.  Plus you don't need another PTO (front) to buy or keep in repair.  

The $200 deal on the 42" blower that looks to be in great shape is a steal IMO, especially at this time of year.  And you might be able to sell the included hitch to make it an even better deal.  

IMO, you should jump on the $200 black blower before someone else does.

Edited by PhanDad
Use comment added

Just my luck it's sold but the other one is not and he wants $150. So could that one work and I just run the belt to the pulley on my engine?

6 minutes ago, Barshots said:

The belt needed for the single pulley, is that the stock one?

The belt is the only downside to the single pulley blower setup - Simplicity wants a fortune for the 147.1" OEM belt - part #1666798.

I've had success using Kevlar belts from this supplier:

https://www.vbelts4less.com/A144K--A-Section-Kevlar-K-Plus-V-Belts_p_12541.html

It's a little shorter than OEM, but the center PTO adjustment handles it.  And IMO, allows for some belt stretch during use.  

Sometimes OEM belts can be found on eBay cheaper than stock