Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Stator upgrade

Nubian

May have ignition coil problem with the Kohler M20 on my D/A 1920 (Sunstar). While in there, was thinking of upgrading to 25 amp stator. Can this be done? 

I don't have a definitive answer for that but sure sounds like a good idea. Guessing you might have to use a different voltage reg but not sure on that either. Please let the group know how this plays out cause I for one am interested.

Harry

51 minutes ago, lugnard said:

I don't have a definitive answer for that but sure sounds like a good idea. Guessing you might have to use a different voltage reg but not sure on that either. Please let the group know how this plays out cause I for one am interested.

Harry

upon preliminary inspection, seems to need adapting wire harness connections attached to kill wire. 

Edited by Nubian

Kohler also used different flywheels to make the different output charging systems on some engines.  There were times where they used different size or different amounts of magnets to create more output using the same stator.  You would need to spend some time studying the Kohler parts breakdown for your engine spec to see exactly what you have and then see what the other specs used that had a higher output charging system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1