Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

64 landlord

Mine19821

Picked up a 64 landlord to go with my 64 broadmoor last night. Runs pretty well aside from the original coil is bad. I do have the light bar but no lights. Noticed the steering was pretty sloppy hopefully i can find steering gears or modify newer ones for it. Didn’t find the upper part of the grill but says he has it. Of course the common hood bolts are missing hahaha. Did come with a bolt together deck to. Didn’t think i did bad trading a newer saber rider for it.

90703EDA-C7D1-4EAA-8B12-95B40B61787A.jpeg

8 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Nice trade.

And what's that white stuff on top?

It’s that nasty snow crap! So far i really like this 64. Hung a plow on it tonight. Tomorrow I’ll chain it and put the counter weight on! 

14 hours ago, Mine19821 said:

It’s that nasty snow crap!

Tell me about it; got about 5" yesterday and I was unprepared.  Still have the leaf equipment mounted as the leaves have yet to all come down.  At least it's relatively warm today and the stuff should melt so I can suck up the remaining leaves this weekend.  

• Like 1

I’m not ready for this either been running to catch up on stuff. Just dig out a stinger weight and a set of chains today so hopefully that’ll do

2E6B6F0F-2CE7-427D-A2B6-0AC10DA87653.jpeg

Can you post a pic of the light bar? I got a 64 earlier this year, will rebuild for my grandson to ride in parades util I can find some attachments. Mine not in running shape, ...yet

4 minutes ago, MrSteele said:

Can you post a pic of the light bar? I got a 64 earlier this year, will rebuild for my grandson to ride in parades util I can find some attachments. Mine not in running shape, ...yet

I can dOd that a bit later when i get back out to the shop. 

8 hours ago, MrSteele said:

It’s still attached but just a flat bar really. 

A1D4260C-F206-4573-BCB4-1D1D82B085E8.jpeg

Mrsteele on the 5th page of tech tips there is an post about making a light bar. It’s labeled ligh bar photos if I remember correctly. 

Thanks to both of you.I have never seen how the lights were attached. PO cut into my grille on the 65 I use, and put a set of 1967 GTO back up lights into the grille for headlights. I know it is wrong, but no one else around here does, so I left them in. Will have to buy perforated metal for the upper parts of both the 64 and 65 eventually, will probably have to buy enough to make the lowers as well, will work on that project when the time comes. Just getting ideas for when eventually gets here