Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pulley help

1950Allis

Anyone know part numbers or where to look for a front PTO pulley for a 16hp Briggs cast iron motor with a inch and a eighth crank. I need one for my B110/112 so I can operate the snow blower. Also looking for the engagement rod and brackets for it. The blower is the single stage 36 inch.

Thank you.

Ed

Those machines, unless it has had an engine conversion to something else will have a 300421 model twelve horsepower single cylinder Briggs engine which comes back with a part number of 2025291 for the front pulley. I was not able to find anything that it would cross over to. If you do manage to find the pulley, make sure the shaft has the key way in it or you have one on hand. Hope this helps!

Nick

The OEM pulley for the engine shaft was cast iron and 4 3/8" diameter; it had a 1" hole, the diameter of Briggs SS engines of that era.  I'm surprised you have a 1-1/8" diameter shaft, even the Chinese made 16 HP SS Briggs I purchased in the early 2000's had a 1" diameter shaft.  Here's a pic of the pulley mounted on my B-110:

wintersleep_001.jpg.75e2bc875187fbea40b8c49b067b225b.jpg

This pic shows the various components of a FDT snowblower:

SimFDT36SB_0002.jpg.5ac1c3a18592f38d51a58179a18c5410.jpg

Note the "fingers" in front of the engine pulley; they're important - they keep the belt on the pulley and also assist in keeping the belt disengaged when the hitch clutch tension is released. 

• Like 2

The briggs that I have in it looks just like the ones that were in my System 7016 & 3416H old single cylinder cast iron Briggs.  By the looks of the photos of the blower I am missing 3 parts.  The cover for the belt,  off and on shaft and the bracket that supports it.  The allis in the photo looks just like mine.