Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord loader build

Mine19821

Well yesterday was a busy day. Drove almost 2 hours to pick up what i was told to be a ark 500 loader off a bolens. Decided to see about installing it on my 64 landlord. Will try and post as we go. First step is going to be finding any correct brackets for the landlord l10 loader to start off. And of course pull the engine and make sure there’s not a mouse nest in the flywheel area. Also need to see what coil is in there so i can get away from battery ignition if possible

9917C94A-3D14-40E5-8897-80975C45C3D6.jpeg

04CCEF16-20AF-44C3-932D-B3646F9D71B5.jpeg

• Like 4

Kelly, like a few of these guys have said make sure you tie everything together so BGB and frame doesn't end up breaking

I've never had a smaller tractor with loader but have seen what happens when they don't tie things together.

Like I said before keep us posted on your progress, your not far away if ya need anything give me a holler.

Looking forward to following your progress on this project. ...between the Sawmill and Puller tractor as well as the custom trailer and now your build there is plenty to get me through the winter with something to anticipate. 

Thanks for sharing 

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 720nut said:

Kelly, like a few of these guys have said make sure you tie everything together so BGB and frame doesn't end up breaking

I've never had a smaller tractor with loader but have seen what happens when they don't tie things together.

Like I said before keep us posted on your progress, your not far away if ya need anything give me a holler.

Thanks i May need some pointers on this build. I believe i have found all but the rear brackets for the factory loader. The rears look to the the easiest to make. I plan to mount my pump and tank to the rear and bolt to factory brackets. But as we all know plans change on this type of build as they go. Did manage to get some looks at mock up today and am pretty happy so far. 

6397D7C8-EC39-48C3-B3C3-8E177024F91A.jpeg

42ED1228-A20B-45C5-A449-2E67313181F4.jpeg

D02E7C60-A648-4D86-9158-235E09B44130.jpeg

• Like 2

Found most of the original loader brackets for a foot dragger. Hopefully they’ll be here next week so i can add them to the tractor and start making the missing parts to connect it all!

339A21F7-37AA-439B-A55C-D2C75AE01DA5.jpeg

• Like 2

Not for the rear. There’s plates that bolt to the bgb. The brackets that were bolted on the bolens do not fit this landlord at all! The rear one hits the steering and no where to bolt up. Figured I’d be better off with factory brackets on the tractor and building some type of plate that bolts the pair together so it all could be put back as it should if i ever ran across the correct loader for the landlord 

• Like 1

Came home and snapped a few pics of the L-10 Loader mounted on my B-110 short frame tractor.

The rear mount bracket uses one of the BGB housing plate mount bolts, and the others are on the trans.  Last picture is of the weight carrier I made instead of a weight box.  Lets me hang 4 40 lb suitcase weights and still use the rear lift with a rear blade.

IMG_1249[1].JPG

IMG_1250[1].JPG

IMG_1251[1].JPG

IMG_1252[1].JPG

IMG_1253[1].JPG

IMG_1254[1].JPG

Edited by GregB
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, GregB said:

Came home and snapped a few pics of the L-10 Loader mounted on my B-110 short frame tractor.

The rear mount bracket uses one of the BGB housing plate mount bolts, and the others are on the trans.  Last picture is of the weight carrier I made instead of a weight box.  Lets me hang 4 40 lb suitcase weights and still use the rear lift with a rear blade.

IMG_1249[1].JPG

IMG_1250[1].JPG

IMG_1251[1].JPG

IMG_1252[1].JPG

IMG_1253[1].JPG

IMG_1254[1].JPG

Thank you very much! Your pictures answered several of my questions that were coming up next week! No i know how those rear brackets bolt in and exactly where and what they look like!

• Like 2

On 11/18/2018 at 2:35 PM, fishnwiz said:

Looking forward to following your progress on this project. ...

Thanks for sharing 

I’ve always wanted to tackle something like this so i’ll Be watching closely too! 

• Like 1

Today after work made some progress on the landlord. Pulled the engine to clean out the flywheel and find out why it was battery ignition. Dug up my Ag tires this morning before work so i can load those and put them on once i install the brackets for the loader. Slowly moving it forward. 

4F87582A-E744-46C2-9580-59710C22AA8A.jpeg

30C60EB3-7F8B-405D-9FA3-8E14AF5BAB17.jpeg

18FBF01C-A237-4065-B504-A78E6EDCED01.jpeg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GregB said:

If you need any other shots of my install let me know.  Dimensions also.

My loader was what lead me to find this place, long long ago.

If i could get measurements on the plates that bolts to the bgb and transmission that’d be great. Also a shot of them so i can place them correctly. Thank you very much. 

• Like 1

Yep, that engine used the 3 leg style coil which is obsolete through Briggs and getting to be hard to find. It might be possible to swap flywheels and coil brackets with a later engine such as a model 243431 and have the traditional two leg Briggs coil. Not sure how different the weight is between the two flywheels as the 23D has the smaller bore and possibly requires a lighter flywheel. I suspect there is not much difference. 

• Like 1

Thank you Greg i can move forward with out that information as there’s many steps lol! Going to get the engine set and ready to go then install the front bracket when they all show up. 

15 minutes ago, simplewrench said:

I have purchased just the coil that slips on the middle leg for my 725. Model 19 Briggs. Got that on eBay. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272525360406

The 19 has a different coil and flywheel. I got my 19 coil for my 700 locally. Probably that eBay seller in fact.

Not much progress. Did manage to get Ag tires mounted and loaded with 5 gallons of washer solvent each. Will need wheel spacers yet but can build those later.

CB483892-CDD9-4237-A370-85FF8508DFE4.jpeg

• Like 2

Of course my brackets would show up before lunch lol! Oh well I’ll take a quick look than back to work. Tonight I’ll start installing them.

B3645F33-C4DE-4176-92EB-7B3B3FDE8DB9.jpeg

• Like 3

More mock up done this evening. Going to tack up the rear mounts to the tractor mounts tomorrow. Than start fabrication on the rear brackets. 

2B3D702F-8C70-40A0-BE2D-1036BC633F68.jpeg

584C67D5-D314-4D7E-9A06-898BF5A03586.jpeg

4747B2DC-4801-42E7-8836-40B5BF87CD29.jpeg

• Like 4