Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Nova Module II

cowfan

I installed one on my 7116 today.  It is an easy set up, it is turning over now, but not starting.  Any ideas?  Fuel is on, spark plug was hooked up. Should I try to reverse the + and -?

Was wrong before the addition of the module?

If the magneto isn't any good, the module won't work.  

And usually reversing the +/- isn't a good idea if it was hooked up correctly.  The Simplicity/Briggs is a negative ground system and should be hooked up as per directions:

MegaFire_Directions.jpg.e969793d33af0528317c985f1227a743.jpg

MegaFire_Mounted2.thumb.jpg.75d6bfd73cef932980da19bdc1921851.jpg

I put on new carb and started right up but ran rough, no matter if I adjusted either of the needle valves. I took the points cap off and the nut was loose, and assumed it was the points, so I thought that I would switch over.  Thats how mine is attached.

If you see my post about the nova11 ignition, I have put two in both my landlords. My first tractor, I adjusted the spark plug gap to .020" after installing nova 11, (it ran rought like your talking about)and has run perfect in the last 9yrs. When I put in second tractor, I did not need to do anything after installation-ran perfect. 

• Like 1