Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Pulley help follow up

1950Allis

Here are some pictures of my Allis with the blower on it. I tried a 1 inch crank pulley and it is to small just to double check.  Measurement on the crank is 1 and a eighth. I appreciate the help to locate the pulley, engagement rod and the bracket to hold the rod. The shield I will look for at a later date.  I do have the belt guides that came with the pulley I originally bought so I don't believe I will need those.

Thank you again.

IMG_20181121_113014901.jpg

IMG_20181121_113057205.jpg

IMG_20181121_113106336.jpg

IMG_20181121_113115871.jpg

IMG_20181121_113143247.jpg

IMG_20181121_113335574.jpg

The two parts your looking for are pretty easy to make.  The rod is 1/4” Dias with a simple 90 deg bend on one end a thread on the other for a knob.  The support bracket is probably 1/8” plate bent not quite 90 deg with an oval hole for the engagement rod and a bolt hole to mount it to the side panel.  There might be dimensional drawings on the site somewhere.

If you want OEM, put a wanted in the site’s classified ad forum. 

I think kwt gave good advice about measuring the crankshaft. If you don’t have calipers, measure the circumference of the shaft and divide by 3.14 to get the diameter. (You can use the tape measure you show in the pic above, just use the 10” mark as the starting point for better accuracy)

Phoenix is another good source of pulleys:

https://phoenix-mfg.com/V-Groove-Drive-Pulleys_c_25.html?sn=163978437&e=rsp&ajx=1&nsrt=NAM_A0&ontd=2&out=42&tag=XIDSC25|AAFS4"|AAES1 1%2f8"

also remove all rust from shaft

sometimes you have to run a file over the end of shaft

that will tell you if end has been buggered up

Brettw I really don't know what size I need but if I had to guess I would say it would be a 5 inch pulley.  I will go down and clean the shaft to double take the measurement.  I did find a message from the person I bought the whole thing from and on there he did tell me I would need a inch and a eighth ID pulley as he needed his. I thought it would be easier to find one.

Thank you everyone.

The shafts are almost always either 1" or 1-1/8".  If it is something else, it is a proprietary or oddball.  I will look.  I have a 5"with, I am almost certain, a 1" shaft mounted on my 18 Magnum. that I have no need for.  But I may have something in the drawer. 

Not lookin' good.  I will keep checking, but I have a few options in the 1" shaft for you.  If I had a 1-1/8", I'd pop it off to you for the cost of shipping.  If I can't locate one, good luck!

As Phandad mentioned in your original post, the pulley you are looking for is 4 3/8ths diameter.  I would not look @ a smaller one. 4 & 3/8ths to 5 inches is what I would be looking for. You want to spin the auger as fast as is reasonable.