Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity sovereign hydro

sjacobson

Recently purchased a 1995 sovereign in awsome shape but there is no forward or reverse changed fluid and filter .Belt is like new deck lift goes up and down like it should 

Not sure what is going on with this I can push down the two pop valve's with finger while running at fast rpm is this normal tractor does not look like is been used much any ideas? ?

Thanks Scott 

20181122_142215.jpg

The down position disengages the pump.  Will the buttons push themselves back up when running?

If you lift up the seat deck, when you move the hydro lever front and back does the cam and lever system on the trans move?  if not maybe the lever is lose on its shaft?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GregB said:

The down position disengages the pump.  Will the buttons push themselves back up when running?

If you lift up the seat deck, when you move the hydro lever front and back does the cam and lever system on the trans move?  if not maybe the lever is lose on its shaft?

20181122_204316.jpg

20181122_142215.jpg

• Like 1

On that vintage tractor the OEM set-up for a blower was a single pulley blower mount and a long belt to the Cone Clutch on the center gearbox (BGB) .  You also have to move the idler pulley so the belt angle rides correctly if it was set for the mower deck.  Two tabs on the side plate bracket.  You may have to adjust idler tension, so the edge of the idler bracket is in the green zone.  Might have to wipe off some crud to see it though.

Edited by GregB

19 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Stole that tractor...WOW

WOW is exactly what I said to myself. The deck is worth $150 or more.

I think sometimes that people consider some of these tractors on par with your typical newer Craftsman, Husky, John Deere, etc. 18hp was the largest engine available after all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kwt said:

I think sometimes that people consider some of these tractors on par with your typical newer Craftsman, Husky, John Deere, etc. 18hp was the largest engine available after all.

And it was “broke” - a dead tranny, so it was time to get a new one rather than repair it.

While I agree that if the tranny was truly broke, it probably wouldn’t pay to have it professionally repaired, many people today don’t have the basic mechanical skills or interest to investigate a problem to find the real issue.

And most repair shops (at least around here) would charge a minimum of $200 or more to diagnose the problem plus a pickup charge if you couldn’t get the tractor to the shop yourself.  

Hence get a new one and dispose the old one.