Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs single Special Rear engine Mount bolt

GregB

The rear mounting bolt has a special rectangular head where the blower housing comes down on the carb side so you do not need a wrench.

Did they make these in different lengths?

I am replacing the engine in my B series loader tractor, and the one I have seems not quite long enough.

Not sure about that, but if you need to, you can weld a small rectangular pc. of steel onto the head of a regular hex bolt.  I have done that in other applications where it is hard to get a wrench to the bolt head.

Steve

I did make one before, but with time short usually easier to buy than build.

Maybe some day if I get to retire...........................

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Tarheel
    • Austin
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts