Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Papermaker

7117 48" mower deck replacement

Papermaker

Hi Guys--

Has anyone ever found a left-hand exit mower deck or deck shell that can be substituted for a 48" Sovereign mower deck?  It's sure be nice to have a substitute deck as rust free 48" decks become difficult to find.

Thanks,

Papermaker

PhanDad

Deals do come up on occasion.  Keep an eye on Craigslist for best deals (in my experience).  Also eBay.  I've seen NOS deck shells at reasonable prices when a dealer is getting rid of old stock.  

I found this on Craigslist last February; I couldn't pass it up for $175:

pic1.jpg.c34f23d45221f8e16335f694405f69dd.jpg

pic2.jpg.2b0f2431348c1a31eb27a6208b0267b9.jpg

IMG_9607.thumb.JPG.a8c4d3ea98c7ea244e5c8dd2ef610197.JPG

Only some surface rust to repair; arbor belt was there.

You pretty much have to search everyday; if you don't the "deals" are usually snapped up pretty quickly.

As to "substitute" left discharge deck availability - I've never seen any.  

• Like 1

Papermaker

Wow PhanDad, major deck envy!  I'm searching for a deck now but not sure what I'm looking at is sound.  You really can't tell much until you standing over the deck with an ice pick...

Papermaker

Brettw

Heck, sometimes you keep your eyes open, you get a free deck with a complete tractor, or visa-versa!   I have picked up tractors with bad engines, and the deck is in great shape, and you get the whole shootin' match for less than a stand alone deck.