Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GDM22058

1969 2210 looking to slow down movement. Looking for part number for imput shaft pulley

GDM22058

Good evening everyone

I am looking for a part number or decent place for a 10 inch pulley for my Simplicity 2210. I am using it as a dedicated tiller and am looking to slow down the ground speed. I am hearing that I need a 10 pulley to accomplish this. Does anyone have the part number for this or know a good source to get one? 

Thank again for the help!!

dhoadley

I would get all your dimensions, (diameter, shaft diameter or "bore", key size (most likely 1/4"), and width (belt size)) and start Googling. An example:

https://www.google.com/search?ei=EHsXXMC1D6O5ggfwqqp4&q=10"+pulley+1"+bore+1%2F4"+key&oq=10"+pulley+1"+bore+1%2F4"+key&gs_l=psy-ab.12..33i160.6666.28310..30876...0.0..0.98.1288.18......0....1..gws-wiz.......0j0i71j35i39j0i7i30j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j33i22i29i30j33i299.cs6_jgyYG0o

1,100,000 choices in .45 seconds. Good luck, Dave

Edited by dhoadley
  • Like 1

LMichaels

I actually have an old pulley I had made for my B10 to slow it down when I had a smaller lot. I don't have the tractor now but I am quite sure I have the pulley. Say $5 plus shipping?

• Like 1

fishnwiz
5 minutes ago, LMichaels said:

I actually have an old pulley I had made for my B10 to slow it down when I had a smaller lot. I don't have the tractor now but I am quite sure I have the pulley. Say $5 plus shipping?

What an AWESOME  and amazing gesture on your part. I always said the BEST OF THE BEST are here on this site!

dOd

• Like 3

GDM22058

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. 

Dave, yeah I'm sorry I should of Google searched it but I am 100% new to garden tractor game. I didn't know if the pulley was speciality item or not. Thank you for the options. 

L Michaels, I sent you a message and want to talk to you about the offer.

fishnwiz

Welcome to the site. Being new to the hobby you have definitely come to the right place.  There are an over abundance of knowledgeable people on this site daily and NOBODY here will ever judge you and in fact most will go out of their way to help you with any and all questions you may have. 

Feel free to make yourself at home.

Again, Welcome. 

• Like 1

GDM22058
8 hours ago, fishnwiz said:

Welcome to the site. Being new to the hobby you have definitely come to the right place.  There are an over abundance of knowledgeable people on this site daily and NOBODY here will ever judge you and in fact most will go out of their way to help you with any and all questions you may have. 

Feel free to make yourself at home.

Again, Welcome. 

Thank you for the welcome, I really appreciate it and want to learn alot.  I just started getting into real garden tractors in July. That was when I got my first one from a buddy for free. It is a 1974 7016 that's in pretty original shape but needs some love. After that I bought a 2210 with a bad engine for the tiller but I decided to repower it. Currently it's getting a 10hp single cylinder diesel engine. On Sunday I just purchased a Simplicity 3312 for parts but that one might be saved if the 12 horse is good. 

Prior to all the Simplicity's, I use two late 70's light duty John Deere 111 mowers. One is used for cutting right now and the other is being used as a snowblower. Once the Simplicity's are sorted out, I will be gifting the Deere's to my father to use. 

Anyways I am here to learn as much as possible about these awesome tractors. 

Edited by GDM22058

fishnwiz

Sounds like you're just starting to catch the tractor bug...DO NOT expect anyone of the membership to talk you out of buying several more because it just won't happen on this site. Most members WANT you to buy more so they can tell their wife or girlfriend that "they really don't have a problem " because so and so (Josh) owns 20 tractors and I only have 10!9_9...I know that's how I justify my illness. 

Edited by fishnwiz
  • Haha 3

LMichaels
On 12/17/2018 at 4:08 PM, GDM22058 said:

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. 

Dave, yeah I'm sorry I should of Google searched it but I am 100% new to garden tractor game. I didn't know if the pulley was speciality item or not. Thank you for the options. 

L Michaels, I sent you a message and want to talk to you about the offer.

I responded to your message giving you all the info incl my email and heard nothing back. I dug the pulley out for you. Do you still want it or not?