Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 616/620/720 & Simplicity 4040/4041/9020 PTO Shaft & Clutch

mnoonan42

Pictures of our newly developed replacement PTO shaft and clutch. Will be available for pickup or to ship real soon. Need to just finish up final pricing. This is a joint venture with myself and Mike Brown Kristine J. Brown. Feel free to let us know if you are interested.

IMG_20181218_103827.jpg

IMG_20181218_103851.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have personally put my hands on these & they are definitely quality pieces!  Thank you Mike, Mike & Kristine for the time & effort you've put in to this venture!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

No, our rear clutch will only work with our pto shaft. It will not work for a front clutch. If you still have your nonworking front clutch, it can be rebuilt.

Mike

45 minutes ago, bbrooks said:

Ok thanks for the information, both the rear clutch and front are bad where can i get them rebuilt

The field assemblies can be re-wound.  There are places nation wide that can perform this task.  This is no different than having a starter, stator or alternator re-wound.  If you have a shop in your vicinity, that's where I would start.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, gbalk said:

let me knnow when this rear PTO is available and price I am rebuilding a 720 AC

This available now.  Contact @mnoonan42 for details.  He will need to know what you currently have as far as fiber disc, shoulder bolts, bushings internal transmission gears etc. for him to give you price.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 9:24 PM, gbalk said:

let me knnow when this rear PTO is available and price I am rebuilding a 720 AC

Personal message sent. Mike

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi I have a 4040 that is missing the rear pto shaft. Pretty sure this is what I need? How can I get one? 

Please text or call me at 209 598 8040 

Thank you,

• 6 months later...
17 hours ago, Metalguy said:

Are these still available? I have a 4041, and the entire shaft is missing. Anything else I would need? 

Yes they are.  P.M. @mnoonan42 for the details & to see if you need additional components.  He will need to know if you have the internals in the transmission.  If you have a large round hub exiting forward of the transmission & the female PTO recess in the back, then you have the best case scenario for installing one of these.  You will still need the fiber disc, shoulder bolts, rubber bushings special washers & whiz-lock nuts if I remember correctly.  If you look in the IPL, it will verify.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Metalguy said:

Are these still available? I have a 4041, and the entire shaft is missing. Anything else I would need? 

Thanks for asking. We do have brand new replacement rear PTO shaft and clutch assemblies for sale. Best to email me at "mnoonan42@gmail.com" for more information.

Thanks, Michael Noonan

• Like 2

Thank you!!! I'll do that. Yes, the flange under the seat is there, and when  you turn it, the PTO out back turns with no ugly noises. It appears the shaft was unbolted as a whole, maybe to scavenge the electric PTO for the front.  Because that one is there, and works.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Whats the deal on the PTO and shaft? I'm looking for one for a Simplicity PowerMax . Please send details via fourm or email. Bossbarnes07@gmail.com

Thanks 

Antonio Barnes

20 hours ago, bossbarnes07 said:

Whats the deal on the PTO and shaft? I'm looking for one for a Simplicity PowerMax .

I suggest you email @mnoonan42 as he stated in his post above.  

Edited by PhanDad
Removed redundant PS
  • Like 2