Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

question about color of powermax - orange or red?

schaefer72

hi i have what i believe to be a simplicity powermax 4041 - i am going to repaint it but im not sure of the original color - it looks almost orange but i thought the simplicity tractors were red ? - i know some allis chalmers tractors used orange paint - what is the real color ?

I think the earlier models may have used Allis Chalmers Orange and the later models Simplicity red. Not sure though. Earlier models also used Simplicity cream. I just use AC Orange on all mine and pure white (Rustoleum, Valspar or SW). Paul

thanks paul - i was looking at some of the pictures on the site and i pretty sure it must be a really faded orange color - i noticed my local ace hardware had a rust stop spray paint in allis chalmers orange - thats probably what i will end up using -

Paul, is that Simplicity cream what the ivroy looking color my 4040 was is called? I sure couldn't find anything close to it for touching up my hinge weld job, so now its almond..MPH

MPH, Yes, it's hard to match that Simplicity Cream. That's why I just use white. Looks cleaner anyway. Floyd, That tractor and equipment enamel in rattle cans is getting more popular. I've now seen it in a Rustoleum label at box stores like Menards(WI) and Home Depot, at some Ace and True Value stores and even at UBC (United Building Centers). Paul