Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will it ever snow? UPDATE!

steve-wis

Last year my wife didn't like how I blew so much of the crushed rock in front of my garage into the lawn, so this year I have a duo of tractors to take care of the snow.  The Agco 918 with cab and blower, and also the Allis T816 with blade for over the rock.  I seem to be ready to go, except for one small detail,,,,,, we haven't had snow yet!  We did have one bit back in November, about half inch, that lasted all of a day before melting.  It is times like this that I REALLY MISS UPPER MICHIGAN AND WISCONSIN!!!   Hoping I didn't get the Allis set up for nothing!  Weatherman says no white Christmas here, hope you guys are doing better!  

A merry green Christmas from Iowa!!!  

Steve

IMG_0469.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

Edited by steve-wis
  • Like 2

Weatherman is calling for 5-12 inches here in upstate NY, calling for a white Christmas. Got my 112 all ready to roll with its plow, about time!

• Like 1

We are a sloppy mess of mud.  Warm temps and rain lately.  Yard around the driveway is all torn up, by cars and trucks here for move out day for our son who bought a house.

Needed to use the Legacy XL in 4x4 mode to un-stick one car.

I would be happy with just a freeze....................

Edited by GregB
  • Like 1

Had one snow storm here this year so far...about a month ago. 14 inches and 4' deep drifts...

My yearning to use my snow equipment has been fulfilled for the  season...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As of this writing, we're only three days into the winter season. Don't wish too hard as you might Lord's name in vain before the tulips bust thru. sm03 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GregB said:

We are a sloppy mess of mud.  Warm temps and rain lately.  

Ditto.

Traveling some, so I can wait until after the Holidays; then bring it on.

Don't know , I make a living, well barely this years ,  mowing grass and plowing snow.

Long dry spell this last summer now this, can't say I'm none to happy, so let it snow , let it snow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

Well, a white christmas it was indeed! East Aurora got about six inches of the heavy stuff and the cold temps stuck around to make it happen! Its a real shame they are predicting temps in the 50's the next couple days.

Here in the St.Louis area we had several snow events all throughout November as well as bitter cold temps. Now that winter is here it has warmed up again.  

15 hours ago, Chris727 said:

Here in the St.Louis area we had several snow events all throughout November as well as bitter cold temps. Now that winter is here it has warmed up again.  

Same here to Chris, predicting high 50's

I have a '73 A-C 410 that the p.o. fitted with a John Deere blade. Fortunately all the modifications  were done to the blade and not the tractor. Our forecast for this weekend includes 3-4 inches of snow so I might get to try it out. It has turf tires and has weights but no chains so I don't know how well it will do.

20181224_143503.jpg

Edited by thom
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, thom said:

It has turf tires and has weights but no chains so I don't know how well it will do.

It'll be fun regardless.

Finally!  About 4-5 inches of snow for today, about 4 on the ground now and still snowing.  I couldn't wait until it was done, got out and bladed the back garage, then got out the 918 and blower for the rest.  Wife got a pic of me up front with the 918.  Not a lot, but a lot more than we have gotten so far!  Everything worked as it should, did my place, sidewalk to the end of the block both ways, and two neighbors who are elderly (at least more elderly than me).  Love playing in this stuff!!

Steve

snow blowing.png

• Like 3

Nice that you finally got some snow Steve. We got hit with a big snowfall starting yesterday afternoon. It had been so long since we'd seen anything like it, that  I stopped winter prepping tractors. It was about 70 degrees here last weekend. No blades mounted and the blower attachment is inaccessible in the back of the shed. Was hard to push the walk behind blower through the deep snow. 10.25" as of 9 AM. Might have more now. 

IMG_0539.thumb.jpg.a5a2a4824fb9be3b80c5441f8f11f454.jpg

IMG_0540.thumb.jpg.343e1457882e6147e2e4ed0b2b6f333b.jpg

Edited by Chris727
  • Like 2