Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Will it ever snow? UPDATE!

steve-wis

Snow got to within 10 mile of us here in southern Michigan. We went to Delta Ohio last evening for a banquet and roads were far from being nice.

1 hour ago, PhanDad said:

Got an inch -enough to try the blade with the rubber wear plate.

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/62093-trying-a-rubber-wear-plate/?tab=comments#comment-495692

Mine just showed today for the XL! 👍

By the looks of the forecast, there is no rush to install it 😔 it will be single digits this weekend but no real snow coming.  Very odd for us  

ECD61662-D56B-40B0-BBA6-0626799A0700.thumb.jpeg.64303935130480e89e0d1888d5a12a42.jpeg

And i'm still getting the liquid variety of snow. Normal winter pool at Pickwick Dam is 355. It was 379 the other day! They have a pontoon stuffed into one of the gates. But until the rain lets up enough it will have to stay there.

• Confused 1

I have been watching the news. I am also glad that you folks wanting to play in the snow seem to have gotten your wish, and I bet you wish the heavens would stop granting your wish in such an "in your face" manner. I just wish it would stop raining long enough in the sunny south to be able to mulch leaves. Granted, this has been a good year for my BGB rebuild and tractor improvement project, but I do have other machines to exercise. That battery charger is getting a workout keeping batteries up.

I can't believe it, Josh is a fan of snow and has none, and I got a foot last weekend and calling for more this weekend! Sigh, I guess I need to get a blower or two ready for next year to scare the stuff away. 

• Like 3

With concern over more snow this weekend, and needing to clear the snow in front of the mailbox, I put chains and a standard 42" dozer blade on the 7116H tonight. It was helpless until I put the chains on it. It was like doing a burnout on the snow. Did pretty good with the chains. Would have gone with the blower but its in the back of the shed. Not 'gonna happen.sm02IMG_0550.thumb.JPG.eb5051f0cb175e2acb19024029d2e977.JPG

Had a little night fun. IMG_0552.thumb.JPG.b8fbac49614f10bb5a9f31c8dae3b2eb.JPG

IMG_0554.thumb.JPG.47a5835c6c34935b841e81b62dde9a59.JPGIMG_0555.thumb.JPG.236f127801ed4f7c60e4dfa5d3edd235.JPG

• Like 2

Weatherman is forecasting a good one this weekend for us New Yorkers, lets see if it actually happens considering the last "Major Storm" they called for was a complete bust.

Nick

• Like 1

Wife just showed me forecast for southern Michigan for weekend, calling for 14.4 in of snow

We had little ice this morning and schools all closed. Maybe winter's  finally coming to Michigan ?

We had a little ice here in Ohio also and the forecast for the weekend isn't good and even worse for southern Ohio, also maybe 1" to 3" tonight.

• Like 1

My 112 has been pampered, it sits in the heated garage until it snows haha! The 12 and 7010 are in the shed on stand-by waiting for it to actually hit. 

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 9:22 PM, BigNickNY said:

My 112 has been pampered, it sits in the heated garage until it snows haha! The 12 and 7010 are in the shed on stand-by waiting for it to actually hit. 

Did you put them to good use?

We got 8-9 Saturday and -19 this morning, can handle to snow much easier than this cold.

As the sun comes up not a could in the sky, BRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 6:39 PM, cowfan said:

Did you put them to good use?

Saturday was a good night for 

plowing and when sunday came it was a good time to dig out the big blower for it and get to work again, gotta say I was impressed!

• Like 1

Update! More fresh powder hit from last friday till now, another probably two feet of the fluffy stuff and the weather man is calling for another 20 inches with this storm rolling through wednesday. I did get a chance to snap some more photos for y'all in the warmer states to enjoy.

Thanks!

Nick

b112 2.jpg

Snow 2.jpg

Snow1.jpg

• Like 1

Started snowing around 8:30 and hasn't stopped yet, plowed my drive twice so plenty of white stuff out there.

Been at a 1/4 mile visability at times, strong winds and a lot of drifting, snowing sideways again

We wound up with nonstop snow Sunday through Wednesday night.  The wind never laid down, peaking around 30mph, sustained, tues-wed.  We ended up with around 20-22” of snow, most lake effect that piled up slowly.  The drifts I cut in the driveway once per day were roughly as tall at the armrests on the tractor, and my coldest outing was -13 (-36 windchill).  I tried to only go out during the “best” conditions each day.  It was miserable. It would have been a man-child’s dream come true, had I not broken my XL the weekend prior. 

I finished opening up the driveway today (1100’, about 8 passes due to the snowdepth) and began scraping the hardpack with the B-1. 

https://youtu.be/ZoaNxfwiWHA

Thanks for sharing the video.

It looks like you were having fun. sm00

29 minutes ago, Talntedmrgreen said:

had I not broken my XL the weekend prior.

What happened? 

Maybe you posted about it, but I didn't see it.