Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Still working on the Landlord

MrSteele

I am still working on my 65 Landlord, with yet another question. The short piece of angle that the front end pivot rides in, seems to be in the improper orientation. I am attempting to bush the pivot, but the job would be easier if it were reversed from its current orientation. There appears to be room in either direction, as the attachment holes are only about 1/8" difference in the forward to back position, if I change the direction of the vertical leg. Can anyone tell me if the angle is right, or if it should be reversed? Trying for at least a little authenticity (with improvements)

5c23ad9fe432b_PivotAngle.thumb.jpg.16e2e90fb43fc2a396c9a01c5c4f04a2.jpg

The arrangement of the angle brace as shown in your photo appears to be backwards according to the parts list.

PS: But if you think it works better that way, well, engineers never had to actually USE what they design.

landlord.png

Edited by wwbragg
add ps
  • Like 1

I just swapped out two of those today.  I know what the IPL says but the two I swapped out today were in the same orientation as you have yours in now.

Mine was/is oriented in this manner as it was done bu a previous owner. I am attempting to bush it, was going to use bronze, but am thinking more of simply using a shaft collar welded to the angle with a grease fitting installed and grease tracks ground into the collar. There is a 1/8" difference from front to back in the angle mounting holes, so it does not really make difference as to orientation dimension wise, but I wondered if it made a difference in operation. Apparently not. Thank you