Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need help testing the new Clubhouse prototype...

Kent

UCD has been been spending some time helping debug the new prototype clubhouse, but few others. People seem to be visiting, but few are posting. If you have time, come over and try it out. This will help you learn how it works, and help me play "Orkin Man"... 1. If you haven't already, please join again with the SAME user name and password that you're using here, just in case... 2. Try posting messages, replies, ads, etc. 3. Report any bugs, confusion or problems in the forum over there (not here) that's set up just for that purpose... NOTE FOR NETSCAPE USERS: Netscape 4.73 still blows up, though Netscape 6.22 seems fine with it... If you're running a different version (i.e. 4.79 ??) and have problems, let me know... Thanks! Kent [A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_content.asp']http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_content.asp[/a]

All I get when I try to register is that there is a problem with my details. I filled all the required boxes out. ?????????????????? I know, its just me.... or maybe your creation just doesn't like me....

Kent, I'm trying to keep an open mind about the new clubhouse. I at least had the "Discussions" button showing on my screen this time. I cannot see how to post a message to the discussion board, however. Jeff Snyder

Sam, I fixed that bug, at least temporarily... Jeff, what browser are you using? Putter, you'll get an email that you'll need to click on the link in it to activate your account. However, I don't see where you've made it that far in the process... Are you sure you didn't get an error message?

Kent, I, like SmilinSam, cannot get it to recognize my sign-in. I would like to access everything at the sight to look, see and use for evaluation.. Thank you, Marion Kerr

I tried to get in but it just froze the computer. I had to get out of Netscape (version 4.7) and start over again. I have Netscape 6.something on the machine, but prefer the old one. I guess I'll just have to use the home computer only to access the club. I'll try tonight. Peter

Kent, Logged in and registered with my current username, password and e-mail address. Was told that I hadn't entered a username, password, or e-mail address. Tried again and was told the username, password and e-mail address was already taken. ??? Ron

Ron, For some reason, you're showing up as "pending." Did you get an email and click on the link in it to activate your membership? It's now a 2-step approach to make sure you put in a valid email address. I guess I should have warned everyone... I'll override and activate yours for you so you can go ahead... Kent

Kent, what am I missing in the registration process? Tried again tonight and still nothing. Do you have me as pending now? A screen saying that your registration has been submitted and you will be contacted via e-mail when your registration has been processed or a screen saying what is missing may eliviate some confusion. ---NEW--- Just checked my e-mail. Message there from you. Sorry, I guess I should check e-mail before surfing to the Simple AC site.

Peter, I pointed out that 4.73 would lock the computer... what derivative 4.7X are you using. Last time, 4.75 and 4.79 worked and 4.73 didn't... The joys of Netscape....

So far, my experiences in Club2 has been OK . However, when I went to place an ad in the "Wanted, Implements" and placed the mouse over the "Post an ad", the curser changed into a shape which windows uses to resize a window, and the white lettering turned red so I couldn't be sure where I was about to click. So I clicked anyhow and it seemed to work OK. Comment...it may be time to take away some of the polling stuff to save screen area. I run my monitor at 1600x1280 and I still cannot get all the stuff on the screen. The white font in the light orange background on earlier tests was hard to read. The darker shade of orange is much better. But then I am a little color blind as is 80% of the American male population. Dave

Kent - I got into the new site last night at home OK with Sympatico and Microsoft's hookup and today at work using Netscape 6.1 (it's slower than the 4.7 X? but now registers all the "NEW" flags). I must have registered OK, I got the e-mail and responded. It will take a while to get used to the new format and find out how all the bells and whistles work. Thank you for the many hours you must have put into this project