Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MaxN

Wards Power Trac. Lots of questions

MaxN
Hi, I just purchased what says to be a Wards Power Trac. Its a large walking tractor. I've searched this website and all others I can find, but I'm still not sure what I have. I found it in a barn in northern Iowa. The previous owner inherited it along with the farm, and so knows nothing about it. It came with a front brush mower and a rear tiller with sulky. The gear shifter indicator says Model#Mid 1320A serial#423. Somewhere on the web I red that if it says Mid its made by Midland not simplicity. But yet the machine is orange and the tiller serial number 990103sim ends in sim so I assume that means simplicity. The engine is a Briggs. All printed letters are gone. The only numbers I can find are 19 706018 71114 . I checked the Briggs website, but the numbers I have don't seem to work. I have soooo many questions that I can't begin to expect you guys to answer them all. But here are a few . What do I have(I can only guess from research so far its a Model W walking tractor) . What years was it made? . How do I hook up the tiller? I think I drop in the hitch pin, but it has two small adjusting nuts on the tiller, how do I position them to make the thing solid? . Is there a book or manuel that I can buy to help? . I can only seem to get the first two gears and reverse to work. It moves so slow I assume its the third gear I cant find. Is it adjustable? I'm sorry for this being so long, but I've spent hours trying to answer these and other questions. My wife is tired of me spending so much time on what she thinks is a toy. I need to show her its useful.

ka9bxg
I do not have one myself but brother in law has one with the tiller but no sulky.It is made by midland not Simplicity.I have some pics of a midland with a cultivator on it.If you want it I could try to scan it for you.Bob