Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

716h k341 spec #

johnkc

need spec/type # for a k341 in a 1977 or 1978 716h, my motor is gone and need spec to come up with a suitable replacment .or if any one has a k341complete would be interested in it. any help is appreciated,thanks ,john. email me at jonboatman1@hotmail.com

John, As of three weeks ago I could have picked up a K321 and a K341 for approximately $300 each. I got a K321 which I needed for my son's tractor pulling. Carb needed cleaning and air cleaner was missing. Re-did carb, fired up, purrs like a kitten. No smoke. These engines were removed from equipment to be discarded at a golf course. I live in VA. I could check to see if they are still available for someone who is really interested. They are not mine so I can't give any guarantee of condition. I only know about the one I bought. Rod H.

If you shop around, you might be suprised to find that you can get a twin cylinder Honda 18HP engine for the same price or less than a new Kohler K341S. I don't recall where I saw it, maybe Northern Hydraulics, but the Honda was $300 cheaper than the Kohler. Sure it'd take some light fabrication, but when my engine expires, I'm upgrading.[A href='http://www.wheatfarm.com']http://www.wheatfarm.com[/a]

thank you all very much for the info , it has helped me locate a new engine. a little pricy,950.00but it is new and is a direct replacement except the orig .crank had 1"shaft and this one is 1 1/8" wich will suit me because i don't have any front pto attachments. and if i ever do i can install the 1 1/8 clutch. thanks again,john.