Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-10 Anybody need

RAC

5c33bb0e5153f_IMG_20190107_151412199(338x450).jpg.02043450bdef7fdb78625fab257b3ac5.jpg5c33bb07ce4e1_IMG_20190107_151417946(338x450).jpg.54c842a21a76bf7643337b6653a2d0ec.jpg

Found this laying around B-10 I believe, sorry couldn't find the mate. I have absolutely no use for it.

Edited by RAC
  • Like 1

Based on the recess around the shaft hole in the pic of the gear face, I believe it’s a BGB cross shaft gear.  

I’m also thinking it’s for a later style BGB that uses a snap ring to hold the gear in place.  Early BGB’s used a “stepped” shaft rather than the snap ring. 

What’s the diameter of the hole for the shaft?  That dimension would help establish which gear it is.  

Of course it might also be a bevel gear for something else that I’m not familiar with.  The “recess” might also be be shallow for a newer style cross shaft BGB gear.  Hard to tell from pics.

Edited by PhanDad
Wording
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PhanDad said:

Based on the recess around the shaft hole in the pic of the gear face, I believe it’s a BGB cross shaft gear.  

I’m also thinking it’s for a later style BGB that uses a snap ring to hold the gear in place.

Agreed.  Not for the early style.

Still they are NOT cheap to purchase new by any means.

Just bought a new one for a 65 Landlord. $164 ish. I have a 64 BGB about to come down for inspection/rebuild. Already have new bearings and seals. I bought the tractor for the engine, but decided that my grandson needs something to ride in parades other than his old Snapper. I might be interested if the ID is correct. Not sure about the recess, either, since mine do not have a recess 

ID is 7/8, well .874 with my caliper. Recess depth on tooth side is .050 +/-, OD of straight section is 1.495 (1.5). Honestly think it came from a B10 box, can't think of anything else I'd have kept it from. Gutted one to use as a frame spacer years back in a puller.