Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
MikeES

Vickers Hydro repair

MikeES

I am about to start on a project to fix the leak on my HB212.  It leaks hydro fluid into the transaxle.   This has been going on for 20+ years, started as a minor issue, then it was a nuisance and now it leaks bad enough that I need to fix it.

The manual show that the seal for the output shaft is #1650071.  I don't know if this is  still a good number, or if the seal is even still available.  Does anyone know?

And can you change the seal without disassembling the pump?  By the parts diagram it shows the seal, then a spacer, a bearing, and then a snap ring.   So will the bearing slide off the shaft when the snap ring is removed?

Thanks.

PhanDad

@Chris727 recently rebuild a Vickers.  I don't think he mentioned what or where he got parts.  I think he'll be able to answer your questions.

Here's a link to the "completion" post that has a link to his first post:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/60461-vickers-rebuild-completed/

According to Jacks, 1650071SM is still available from Simplicity.  

The Vickers part number is 229236 (from the  Vickers Service Parts Catalog) that I got a copy of from somewhere (maybe someone on this site, don't remember).  

• Like 2

Chris727

I didn't disassemble that portion of the unit. I replaced the bearing and seal on the input shaft. I bought a lot of the parts off ebay NOS and the bearing I bought through a bearing supplier. 

MikeES

Thanks Guys, I remembered that I had a basket of Vickers parts that came with a tractor deal, and I actually found it.  The output body was still there with shaft, seal, bearing, and output gear.   Took it apart and there is no way to remove and replace the seal in place.  So I will have to at least disassemble the hydro motor end.

Unless someone can think of another way that the axle housing can fill up with red transmission oil other than the output shaft seal.

It is good to know that the seal is still available.

PhanDad

Some more info I've archived:

The JoggerFogger Vickers repair post:

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/49741-vickers-hydrostatic-t66x-in-a-3415h/

It has some good links; checkout the "GT Talk" link which starts:

"My T66x was leaking at the forward/reverse control and at the point the motor enters the reduction gear box. I found a seal kit online, PRO-ACTIVE Fluid Power, but that's another thread. Everyone loves pictures, so here goes ..." 

PhanDad
18 hours ago, PhanDad said:

(from the  Vickers Service Parts Catalog) that I got a copy of from somewhere (maybe someone on this site, don't remember). 

Info was from @dave45056;  He made this tech tips post about it.

https://simpletractors.com/forums/topic/43375-vickers-hydrostatic-trans-part-list/

I just added to the above post with info about the other manual he acquired: 

5c34fee6e000f_VickersFactoryDisassemblyM

I just uploaded both manuals to the "Downloads" section of the site. 

• Like 2

MikeES

What do you guys recommend for hoses to the cooler and reservoir?  They are 1/2" ID.  Anybody have any idea what temperature they need to be good for?

So  far I have only been able to find hydraulic hose, with 2 metal braided reinforcement,  I don't think you can stretch that over the "hose barb" fittings.  Plus it is $$.